mavericks help iMessage

master74

7 posts in this topic

First things first, make sure you have a FileNVRAM.dylib in your /Extra/modules folder. If not update chameleon. The next thing I would do is to change your Apple ID password. Go to App Store and under quick links select  Account | Apple ID | Edit and change your password. That is what worked for me when iMessage wasn't working.

• Like 3

Do you getting the "this apple id can't be used and call apple support" error message? If yes, try adding credit card infos to your appleID (if you can).

That should not matter - I use iMessage without issue, and I specifically do NOT have any plastic attached to my AppleID.

I use that AppleID for all my "fruity" interactions, just as I use my Microsoft Account for anything and everything to do with Microsoft (and my GMail account for everything Google) - even more interesting, all three are linked (in my iCloud keychain), as is Skype for Mac.  I don't use video due to not having a supported Webcam, not due ot anything else (when I can upgrade to a supported camera, this will naturally be fixed).  My issue is deciding "which webcam", as there are several different options from either Logitech or Microsoft.

• 1 month later...

First things first, make sure you have a FileNVRAM.dylib in your /Extra/modules folder. If not update chameleon. The next thing I would do is to change your Apple ID password. Go to App Store and under quick links select  Account | Apple ID | Edit and change your password. That is what worked for me when iMessage wasn't working.

This is good advice. 

I was experimenting on my hack with clover and this must have changed some ID parameters on my machine - iMessage originally working 100% with chameleon + FileNVRAM module, then got the "can't login to iMessage at this time, contact Apple..." when I restored chameleon.

Finally able to fix it after changing my apple ID password and then logging into iCloud, iMessage on a real mac with the new password.  Booting my hackintosh and entering the new password for iCloud, iMessage--->everything working again.