/com.apple.Boot.plist not found !

megavolkan

104 posts in this topic

yup i blame the uphuck dvd . I never got one clean install . what a shame ;). oh yeah uhm JSR your problem is is you installed that cputhrottler thing uhm you need to ditch it. I think its getting in the way. hell at least you get darwin I get {censored}ALL

Just a quick reply. I solved my 'plist not found' error as well as the 'still waiting for root' error VERY simply:

I put the install DVD-ROM on primary master. It did *not* like being jumpered as "single" or "slave".

My setup:

LITE-ON DVD+-RW DL

2 Seagate 80gb SATA drives

SOYO P4VTE motherboard

2x 512mb Kingston HyperX ram

Generic PS2 keyb

Generic USB mouse

The installer is running fine now - another 20 mins and I'll be good to go.

sorry for my english...

i have the same error after install Uphuck 10.4.9 (com.apple.boot.plist) with my new Notebook Acer 5684 !

I try with a external USB DVD Rom but not successful :-(

• 1 month later...

Because your mac partition is not correct, you all are having this error. I had problem with this with my 945 ICH7 gigabyte board, I tried all different SATA set up for my HD and sata DVD. did not work, Finaly I tried to reformat HD, with "HFS journalled and case sensitive", then I saw small allocation prior to my partition via disk utility, than I deleted this section and reformat whole drive HFS + journalled. Than the error changed to B0 error, which many of us know how to make partition active, and I was able to do clean install.

• 1 month later...

Is there support for my ASUS P5B-E and my IDE DVD-ROM yet?

System Specs:

ASUS P5B-E LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor

Logitech® Premium Notebook Headset

(2X) PNY Optima 1GB PC2-5300 DDR2 DIMM Memory

SABRENT SBT-SCIDE SATA to IDE Ultra ATA-100/133 Mini Converter

Asus Vento 7700

I-Inc TW-191D / 19" Wide / 5ms / 700:1 / WXGA+ 1440 x 900 / DVI·VGA / Black / Widescreen LCD Monitor with Speakers

GeForce 7600GT

Memorex MRX-510L dual layer multi-format drive

Logitech® LX7 Cordless Optical Mouse

600W Power supply

(2X)Seagate Barracuda 7200 SATA

Maxtor 4r080l0 80GB IDE

20GB Quantum Fireball HDD IDE

I had such problem when the drive and partition where I wanted to install os x weren't the first ones, or there was a windows partition before the os x. I had to erase couple of times the drives and/or use acronis disk director to create a fake os x swap partition (ShagOS swap is the type) as first.

Hey, all, just wanted to say hi :)

Got same error message on my T42 with PATA hard drive and DVD. No SATA in sight whatsoever. Installed (consequently) 1.4.9 JaS, 1.3 uphack, 1.4i uphack - still same error.

Booted into Ubuntu live CD and looked at the /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/, where com.apple.Boot.plist resides. Looks like it's the only file with permissions fully set to root:root, whereas other files in the same folder are root:80, which makes me think it could be the reason why bootloader is unable to see file that is perfectly there.

BTW, can someone with working system post the contents of the file for comparison?

UPDATE: There's a terminal available on install JaS uphack DVD, the com.apple.Boot.plist looks like it doesn't belong to anyone. However, I was unable to alter permissions, got error: Read-only file system.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the same error /com.apple.boot etc.... on my Abit AB9 Pro. I was using an IDE DVD drive. Now when I used the SATA DVD drive it would get to the load screen and then just stop.. Stating can not find root..

To solve this issue on my pc I had to go into BIOS and change the Integrated Peripherals for IDE from IDE to AHCI and it let me boot up OSX to install.

Attemping to install now.. We'll see what happens.

• 3 months later...
same problem here .... but got it solved when i extracted it again from the rar file and burned it again at low speed.....

i burned it with clone dvd 2.9.0.1 which even solved my ebios error ....... which alcohol and nero could not

Just curious as to how slow you burnt it?

I'm going to try a number of all of these things in order to try to fix this problem, and I figured I would start with this, since it seems the simplist and hell, the most logical (the burnt image sucks).

I'm using an HP laptop dv9000 series:

Windows Vista

2.000 Gbs ram

160 Gb HDD

16x DVD +- R/RW w/dual layer

nvidia gforce go 7600 128mb

I'll check out the fourm dealing with HP laptops too just incase anyone else using this type of laptop is having a similar problem.

But yeah get the /com.apple.boot.plist not found error right away... so off adventuring I gooo

Any advice would be great, or maybe which things I should try next.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Hi. I thoroughly read this post because i get the same error message (.../com.apple.boot.plist not found). There is mention that this has to do something with chipset 965. Ironicly my chipset is Intel pm965 (crestline). Also there is some mentioning of IDE/SATA DVD drives. Mine is SATA and i still get this error message.

By the way, for installation, i used Leo4All v3! Maybe it is Kernel issue after all.

• 1 month later...

Hello. No it's not fixed. My mobo is Intel DP35DP, Intel P35 chipset. 2 HDD's and both SATA, DVD-ROM SATA too. There are no IDE connections on my mobo. Tred Leo4All, it works perfectly on IDE mode. When its set to AHCI, i get error: System config file '/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found.

But when I remove DVD from DVD ROM, My installed Leo4All boot perfectly (on AHCI mode).

Where is that fu**in' problem? ;-/

Hello. No it's not fixed. My mobo is Intel DP35DP, Intel P35 chipset. 2 HDD's and both SATA, DVD-ROM SATA too. There are no IDE connections on my mobo. Tred Leo4All, it works perfectly on IDE mode. When its set to AHCI, i get error: System config file '/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found.

But when I remove DVD from DVD ROM, My installed Leo4All boot perfectly (on AHCI mode).

Where is that fu**in' problem? ;-/

Now it is really fixed for even Leo4Allv3 users :)

:) Hi guys!!! I am new to this fourum and it is my first post so I hope I am doing everything right?! I too have one of the dreaded AB9 mainboards and I have been getting the same error /com.apple.boot.plist. I have now got my system to boot form the disk using a Leo4All install DVD with the applied JBMicron pach...so I ca vouch at least for me that this installer will boot into at least the install propperly!!!

Here comes the BIG BUT!!!

I have not been able to successfully install as yet, it hangs with about 2 mins to go on the install? I will be reporting how I go with a restart and clean disk shortly...I just thought that I would let you guys know that I actually got mine to boot and with what installer!!!

Rod

:P Sucsess!!! I now have a working install of Leo4Allv3 Final. I know this thread is in Tiger but I am sure this will be great news for all the AB9 owners!? My Hardware etc is as follows:

Intel Core2Duo E6850 @ 3.060Ghz

Abit AB9, (NOT Pro) 965 chipset

500Gig Western Digital HDD

4Gig OCZ Reaper RAM DDR2 800Mhz

JBMicron DISSABLED!!! This is the importand one! Even with the patched dvd it froze at 2 mins to go

Pioneer SATA DVD Burner

Gigabyte 8800GTS (G80) 640MB

My install always froze at 2 mins to go with the patched JBMicron fix, was frustrating!!! :blink: As soon as I got a SATA DVD ROM it went straight through. The only other prob that I had was the 8800GTS drivers that were included on the Leo4Allv3Final install dvd did not work for me....it installed but hung when booting with a black screen which switched the monitor off. To get passed this I didnot select any video drivers at all when installing...after that the boot up went smooth and I had osx Loepard booted, although, it was in 1024x768.

After sniffing around these forums I found a simple automatic nvidia driver installer and I have been a happy osx86 user ever since!!! Woulden't use cruddy old windows if you gave me a free copy... :P Anyway I hope that this may help someone else who has an AB9 or some other board with this darn frustrating JBMicron controller on it!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Possible solution :com.apple.Boot.plist NOT FOUND

I have a hpdv9205us, and after lot of suffering with that error:

>> "com.apple.Boot.plist NOT FOUND"

So I put the password on the of setup BiOS, so it must be typed when start-up, and latter I start normally without that error above.

Another option that I test was, type >>PAUSE/BREAK<< soon after turne on, and before the boot startup (I pressed the pause on the screen of the BIOS, approximately 10 secounds, and than I typed ENTER (ofcouse)

Easy right?

Goog lucky, I hope to help everyone, especially to users of HP DV-XXXX

PS: If this work as well in others BIOS, please post here

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I've been having this problem and decided to see it this is platform specific. I have used both the JaS 10.4 8 and Kalway 10.5.1 .iso(s) and burned the .iso(s)with differnet programs (AnyDVD, ImgBurn and Roxio as suggesgted in earlier posts and at super slow speeds and on differrent DVD burners)) and the end results are the same :(. What is interesting is that these burned DVDs will install on 2 laptops that I have (Toshiba and IBM ThinkPad) without any problems :D. Wireless will not work on my Toshiba but that is a small problem; wired works just fine.

I then tried both of my desktops (Dell XPS Gen4 and ASUS P-5B Vista edition) and i get this rotten error :). Then I thought that the main differences between my laptops and desktops is that the dekstops are configured as RAID0. So I broke the RAID configruation and tried the installs. What a surprise !!! :D All of the DVDs loaded just fine without this error on boot up. And once I got the installation completed everything worked just fine.

So my only conclusion is that these .iso(s) will not support Intel's RAID software on the Dell XPS Gen4 and ASUS P-5B motherboards.

If anyone has some suggestions as to how to work around this problem, drop us a note.

Many thanks,

• 5 weeks later...

Is it not possible to inject this file into either the ISO's, or the Harddrive itself?

I dont know much about mac software, but I know I'd like to run it off my machine without buying a mac.

Specs:

AsRock 775i65G Motherboard (775)

Intel Xeon x3220 series (Quad 2.4GHz)

1gb PC3200

80gb WD IDE HD

Ati 7000 64mb AGP video

Amazingly, kjpu's technique worked for me on an HP DV6000 (6325US) and I am half-way through installation (and the fun that will bring) ... after several shenanigans listed here

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=799204

I'm curious if this will work for non-HP people.

Possible solution :com.apple.Boot.plist NOT FOUND

I have a hpdv9205us, and after lot of suffering with that error:

>> "com.apple.Boot.plist NOT FOUND"

So I put the password on the of setup BiOS, so it must be typed when start-up, and latter I start normally without that error above.

Another option that I test was, type >>PAUSE/BREAK<< soon after turne on, and before the boot startup (I pressed the pause on the screen of the BIOS, approximately 10 secounds, and than I typed ENTER (ofcouse)

Easy right?

Goog lucky, I hope to help everyone, especially to users of HP DV-XXXX

PS: If this work as well in others BIOS, please post here