OS X could not be installed on this computer

Vustom

12 posts in this topic

I used myHack and put Mavericks on it, booted to the USB and deleted my existing HDD data to setup new partitions on GUID (was on mbr) but upon attempting to install Mavericks I get this error: OS X could not be installed on your computer. The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail.

I'm using the correct SMBios and DSDT, I had a Mountain Lion 10.8.0 installer on my USB using myHack and that worked for me in the past but I removed that to put Mavericks on it. I got another USB and downloaded Mountain Lion 10.8.5 and tried to installed that, same error occured.

I've been at this for days and I have no idea what's causing it - any ideas?

System specs -

Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz

Memory: 3070MB RAM

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 240

Motherboard: Asus IPIBL-LB

post-843009-0-05270100-1382941866_thumb.jpg

Nope - should I try that first? I think it's something else though, as I have installed Mountain Lion on this PC before.

Edit - I think I'm using either iMac 7,1 or 8,1 in the SMBios, this is supported by ML anyways? I didn't have to use a SMBios when I installed Mountain Lion 10.8.0.

looks like maybe your InstallESD is bad, says it fails opening Essentials.pkg

Try to make a new installer by running MyHack again, if that still fails I would download the image again and repeat with Myhack. 

As joe75 says above....

I think you are going to have to re-download the Mavericks Installer App - It looks like the one you downloaded may be corrupt.

"An error occurred while extracting files from the package “Essentials.pkg”." UserInfo=0x7fbb2ceb2b60 {NSUnderlyingError=0x7fbb2b09a150 "The operation couldn’t be completed."

"An error occurred while extracting files from the package “Essentials.pkg”