Stuck at Apple logo, verbose mode text goes away (pre-install)

6 posts in this topic

I followed the All-In-One guide for beginners for setting up Mountain Lion. I followed all the instructions to a "t" and I'm fairly sure my USB drive is set up right. The only problem is that when I select the Mac OS X from Chameleon, I get stuck at the Apple logo. Note that this is when I'm trying to boot the installer for the first time, so I haven't actually installed Mac OS X yet. So I boot in verbose mode, and I see a bunch of text fly up the screen and then suddenly the screen goes black. My PC is still on at this point, just nothing on the screen. I'd like to see the error causing the hang at the Apple logo but I can't because the text doesn't stay on the screen. I've also tried the -x, -f flags but they didn't seem to do anything. Does anyone have any ideas?

EDIT: I've decided to put a video up to be more clear about what's happening: http://youtu.be/BQDFxX6uzMI

Specs:

i5-4670k

GA-Z87X-UD4H

GTX 770

120 GB SSD

2 TB HDD

8 GB RAM

I followed the All-In-One guide for beginners for setting up Mountain Lion. I followed all the instructions to a "t" and I'm fairly sure my USB drive is set up right. The only problem is that when I select the Mac OS X from Chameleon, I get stuck at the Apple logo. Note that this is when I'm trying to boot the installer for the first time, so I haven't actually installed Mac OS X yet. So I boot in verbose mode, and I see a bunch of text fly up the screen and then suddenly the screen goes black. My PC is still on at this point, just nothing on the screen. I'd like to see the error causing the hang at the Apple logo but I can't because the text doesn't stay on the screen. I've also tried the -x, -f flags but they didn't seem to do anything. Does anyone have any ideas?

EDIT: I've decided to put a video up to be more clear about what's happening: http://youtu.be/BQDFxX6uzMI

Specs:

i5-4670k

GA-Z87X-UD4H

GTX 770

120 GB SSD

2 TB HDD

8 GB RAM

Greetings,

It is quite possible your boot is being hung up by graphics, or other hardware issues that the Installer doesn't like

Check out this install, as it is quite similar hardware to yours, and the Boot flags in this post worked for me as well.

[sUCCESS] Vanilla ML 10.8.5 on GA-Z87X-UD4H & 4770k Haswell

Boot flags

-v

-f
dart=0

GraphicsEnabler=No
EthernetBuiltIn=Yes
RestartFix=No

Tried that, still nothing. :( Same situation as before.

Are you 100% sure you are trying the latest version of OS X? I was attempting to install on my haswell system, downloaded direct from my App store account, but Apple was still sending out 10.8.4, as opposed to the required 10.8.5 . I was stuck in the same spot as you.

Have you attempted to use onboard graphics for the install portion?

• 2 weeks later...