[Success] Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H

WanderingAi

11 posts in this topic

[success] Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H

I was able to update my installation without a hitch using Stork’s guide! I am a happy camper.

Build Details:
Intel i5 Ivy Bridge 3570k
EVGA Nvidia GTX480
Clover r2236 (darkwake=0 -gux_nosleep)

Kexts:
GenericUSBXHCI 1.2.6: All USB 3.0 ports appear to be working. No USB 3.0 devices to test with though.
VoodooHDA 2.8.4: All inputs appear to be working the way they did in 10.8.5. Did not test HDMI.
ALXEthernet 1.0.2: Appears to be working.

Works:

AppStore

FindMyMac

iMessage

Doesn’t work:
iMessage

Will update if I find anything odd or am able to fix iMessage.

Update: Just had to change my password for some reason to get iMessage working. Everything seems great now!

• Like 1

my build is almost same as yours, except video card is GTX 560ti

i just want to ask if "The Fermi freeze issue" still occur in 10.9

Hmm I did a quick search on this topic and I do not think I have ever run into this problem. My card seems to idle correctly out of the box so I am not sure.

my build is almost same as yours, except video card is GTX 560ti

i just want to ask if "The Fermi freeze issue" still occur in 10.9

Yes, it's still happening. I had to add Freezefix to starting programs like I used to do in ML.

The Big problem is with USb 3.0. Although it's working and devices are visible, when transferring a file bigger than 2GB Aprox. the transfer freezes and stops. It's very annoying.

Sorry guys, it seems that it got removed during one of my edits. I updated my original post with it. (http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-desktop-guides/112418-guide-installing-z68x-ud3h-i7-2600k-hd300.html if it gets removed again.)

Yes, it's still happening. I had to add Freezefix to starting programs like I used to do in ML.

The Big problem is with USb 3.0. Although it's working and devices are visible, when transferring a file bigger than 2GB Aprox. the transfer freezes and stops. It's very annoying.

Which USB kext are you using? The GenericUSBXHCI? And does it only happen with USB3? I don't think I have tried transferring a file that large yet... :/

Which USB kext are you using? The GenericUSBXHCI? And does it only happen with USB3? I don't think I have tried transferring a file that large yet... :/

I'm using none as I used to do in ML, but using the Generic one gives the same result.

I am trying to get another video card, the freezestop method not let the system to enter in screensaver or to put the monitor on sleep. It seems no way to get the system to sleep on this mobo (p5k-vm). I can live with this, but i cannot let the system to work all time, because the freezes still occur and if I am away and it freezes my chipset get really hot and I can fry the motherboard.

I don't know if this is fermi freeze, when it freezes, all system freezes, even the mouse pointer cannot move, the music stops and no more hard drive activity. Just the power led is on. I need to restart or to shut down the computer from the button. I don't know yet if is a hardware issue. I don't have Windows on this computer, I tried Ubuntu live CD and it seems to work without any freeze.

I don't even see anything unusual in the console logs when I restart the computer after a freeze. I feel so clueless, all I can do is to try another graphic card, so I head up to an AMD HD 5570 based one. If still freezes I will be very sad, because I cannot find any other working motherboard with LGA 775 to buy.