Can't get my hackintosh to sleep

vraiment

23 posts in this topic

I'm very frustrated because I can't get sleep to work and I need it working. The computer goes correctly and at first sometimes it wouldn't wake up, now never wakes up. I've tried several things but nothing has worked so far:

First my specs:

• OS X 10.8.5
  • Intel i7 930 @ 2.8 GHz
  • Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R (Rev. 2.0), FH BIOS
  • 8 GB of RAM (G.Skill 2GBx4)
  • EVGA GTX 680 FTW LE
  • Seagate ST3250410AS 250GB (I have other hard disks, but I use this for OS X)
  • ATAPI iHAS222 DVD reader/writer
  • Some IOGear bluetooth adapter

In my BIOS the only relevant setting I have changed is set HPET Mode to 64 bit.

Using TonyMac's* utils I installed OS X (10.8 then updated then to 10.8.5) and the following kexts:

1. Patched AppleHDA.kext (10.8.5) for ALC889 by Toleda
  2. AHCI_3rdParty_eSATA 0.4, AHCI_3rdParty_SATA 0.4 and JMicron36xATA 1.0.2 by MacMan
  3. FakeSMC 5.3.820 by netkas
  4. GenericUSBXHCI 1.2.6d2 by Zenith432
  5. AppleRTC 1.5

I'm using 2.2.0 r2148 and the DSDT for my motherboard I downloaded from TonyMac webpage.

My org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GenerateCStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GeneratePStates</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>No</string>
	<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string>1680x1050x32</string>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>darkwake=0</string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Instant Menu</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>UseKernelCache</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

My smbios.plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>SMfamily</key>
	<string>MacPro</string>
	<key>SMproductname</key>
	<string>MacPro5,1</string>
	<key>SMboardproduct</key>
	<string>Mac-F221BEC8</string>
	<key>SMserial</key>
	<string>RN043NR3GWR</string>
	<key>SMbiosversion</key>
	<string>[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].tonymacx86.com</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I've tried the following things:

1. Install NullCPUPowerManagement and SleepEnabler.
  2. Use darkwake=no, darkwake=yes, darkwake=1, darkwake=3, darkwake=8 and no darkwake
  3. Also I've tried npci=0x2000 and npci=0x3000
  4. I haven't patched my DSDT because I don't know what patch should I apply (if any)
  5. I haven't patched AppleRTC because I don't have CMOS problems

Please, please. Help  :(

* I know this site doesn't support TonyMac's utils but I don't think my problem is related to those

Hello.

Welcome

Forget all “beast“ provided by tony…

You don’t need this…

SleepEnabler only work in some hardwares and don't work fully… likes all tony tools…

You can try active P and C States on org.chameleon.boot… to get power management

But… I don’t know if it’ll work… cause you have used tony tools…

But you can try… If it work, remove Null and SleppEnabler...

If you want know how make a real hackintosh, take a look in here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-including-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners-updated-for-mavericks

:)

P and C states are enabled, as you can see in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist that I put in my first post. I think that I forget to mention that my system is fully functional except by sleep. Your "real hackintosh" thread doesn't give any real new information to fix my problem.

I don't want to sound harsh, I have read the thread about TonyMac and understand why TonyMac's tools ain't supported but I don't think this is its fault. I have even downloaded his Chameleon branch, the trunk and compared the files that enable the P and C steps and they are almost equal, except by some white spaces and code that is not related to the C/P States problem. Can we focus in fixing my problem rather than ranting about Tony (I also think that there are some things wrong with his rules)?

What I did was to enable C3/C6/C7 in my BIOS (MB Intelligent Tweaker (M.I.T.)->Advanced Frequency Settings->Adcanced CPU Core Features->C3/C6/C7 State Support) and changing C1E from "Auto" to "Enable". Still I can't get my hackintosh to wake up.

I'll extract my DSDT from Windows and compare it with the one I'm using...

Thanks?

It didn't work... A normal boot wouldn't show the loggin screen, after the white Apple loading screen it'd go black, it was just like I just had wake up the machine. I could boot correctly with either npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000, still I couldn't wake the machine... I'm rolling back to my original AppleACPIPlatform.kext

Is there any place where I can find an explanation of what I have to put in the DSDT? I'd like to learn so I can write my own patches, if not how do I know what patches should I apply to my extracted DSDT?

Hello

If this didn’t work… you need note some things.

To sleep work and wake work you need:
*Have power management(You said that already has)
*You need have AppleLPC loaded, if you don’t have it loaded you need apply a patch LPC according to your chipset(ICH7,ICH8,Nehalem, Sandybridger….)in your DSDT.
*You need have HPET activated in Bios… if you don’t have you need apply HPET patch in your DSDT.
*If USB don’t work as it should, you need apply a patch in your DSDT to make this your.

To make your DSDT is simple… Extract it from DSDT Editor app and add all these patch’s… but you need a virgin DSDT…. Because this work better. You can extract from Windows with Everest is more security to take a virgin DSDT…

Don't forget apply DTGP patch, it is very important

I hope this helps…

I have already tried the rollback of AppleACPIPlatform, the one PimentelX86 posted and one from tony's tools, neither of them worked.

I'll make a new DSDT (extract a virgin one and then patch it), how do I know what patches do I need?

Also, I have a patched kext for sound and the AppleRTC kext. If I patch my DSDT for these issues I won't need these kexts anymore?

Hello. First of all, forget about all crutches such a NullCPUPowerManagement and SoeedEnabler. You must get rid of them.

What you really need at least is fully-working Graphics and SpeedSteep.

Also I recommend using USBBusFix=Yes.

Tell it in a more detailed way on how you sleep doesn't work exactly. Can't it fall asleep or wake up?

Ok, everything in my machine works (at least everything I use, I cannot test the USB3 or eSATA ports but I don't use them), except sleep.

I can send the machine to. I select the option "Sleep" in the little apple menu and all the LEDs and fans turn off as I'd expect, is like the PC have turned off. But when I try to wake up my machine (press any key in the keyboard, click the mouse, push the power on button) the energy comes back, the LEDs turn on, the fans start moving but the screen stays black. I've tried to ping my machine in that state but I don't get answer, therefor I don't think is a graphics problem as it seems the full system has failed to wake up.

ad this on your boot plist 

<key>Wake</key>
<string>Yes</string>

reboot and 

try to set the energy saver like this   and   set your sleep at 1min  for testing  :)

0010.png

Hello

that's exactly my question, how do I know what patches to use in my virgin DSDT?

I taught you

To sleep work and wake work you need:
*Have power management(You said that already has)
*You need have AppleLPC loaded, if you don’t have it loaded you need apply a patch LPC according to your chipset(ICH7,ICH8,Nehalem, Sandybridger….)in your DSDT.
*You need have HPET activated in Bios… if you don’t have you need apply HPET patch in your DSDT.
*If USB don’t work as it should, you need apply a patch in your DSDT to make this your.

Don't forget apply DTGP patch, it is very important

If this didn't work... Maybe you need generate a SSDT to a better power management.

To my CPU(SandyBridger)i needed

*Run a script to make my own SSDT;

*Patch AICPUPM

*Active DropSSDT=Yes, but DropSSDT didn't work to me, so i needed remove Scope_PR of my DSDT...

Your CPU is Nehalem, so i don't know if it work to Nehalem too. Does anyone know if it works to Nehalem? If it works... you can try it

his has been my adventure so far:

1. I booted without tony's DSDT and installing NullCPUPowerManagement so I don't get a kernel panic for the lack of HPET, I got a "virgin" DSDT with MaciASL.
  2. Then I removed NullCPUPowerManagement, rebuild the kext cache and the permissions and boot with tony's DSDT, surprise surprise! sound doesn't work any more (to got it working originally I only used the patched AppleHDA from tony's tools).
  3. Using the default MaciASL "source" (the one called sourceforge) I applied the patch: "Remove WMI" to my "virgin" DSDT.
  4. From oralila I downloaded the following patches and applied them to my "virgin" DSDT:
    • Desktop -> DTGP, LPC NEHALEM
    • Misc -> AHCI SATA orange icon, Mac devices, New HPET, WAK

5. I restarted with the new DSDT, I don't get the kernel panic for the HPET and that's cool. Then with IORegistryExplorer I got the "IOName" of my LPC device (which is called PX40 in the DSDT): "pci8086,3a16" and edited my AppleLPC.kext adding a new entry in "IONameMatch". After a restart my system now loads AppleLPC.

The decompiled DSDT obtained from this is attached to this post (is called working.txt).

Right now with this new DSDT the computer DOESN'T goes to sleep, doesn't shutdown and I don't have sound.

I have tried two of these audio injection methods (the one with the kext and the DSDT patches) with this AppleHDA patch and both give me sound but with lag and cracking noises.

As a side note, tony has a repo for MaciASL and in it a patch named "Award Gigabyte 1366 Fixes MacMan", so I gave it a shot with my virgin DSDT. Haven't tried sound but shutdown and sleep works but when I wake up my machine it restarts instead.

virgin.txt

working.txt

Hello.

About Sleep... no more ideas...

But about audio, you can try use VoodooHDA. It is more compatible and works well. Version 2.8.4 is really great
Download: http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=355

But to me, your problems is related with tony tools

Try install the system again and use Chameleon and install all kext manually…you would earn much more with Chameleon… This is my opinion, because we are helping you on one thing that we don’t give support...

If you want to continue using the tony tools, you can post these problems in him forum ... I'm not being ignorant, I'm just giving advice.

• Like 2

vraiment, please don´t post more issue TMC here, please read rules!!!!!

For all those who don't yet know our position about tonymac, and your [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] software, your Forun, Tolls, links, thank you for reading  http://www.insanelym...ort-tonymacx86/   

p.s : pls read the forum rules  !!! 

InsanelyMac doesn't support tonymac's tools.