[help] Fix AppStore iCloud iMessage on 10.9 using clover

JahStories

32 posts in this topic

hi there, i've waited a while but i need help

i've been trying to fix App Store iCloud etc access on 10.9 with clover but even renaming the wificard under network en0 deleting the networkconfiguration plist, adding serial number and mac address to clover config plist, i can't log in... :/ any help?

hello

this is an example...

<key>RtVariables</key>
   <dict>
      <key>MLB</key>
      <string>C12340002F612340M</string>
      <key>ROM</key>
      <data>000000I6Mzk6OWI6M000000=</data>
   </dict>

that numbers no need to be valid

ethernet > en0

ethernetbuitin=yes

must have a credit card associated to u apple id

good hack

I've got my ethernet as en2 and wifi as en0 since the GM and I've had no problem at all with iCloud or Messages. I've tested several times the device numeration and I believe it doesn't matter anymore. I even tested without ethernet device (no kext and removed info from the DSDT) and I've had no problem enabling iCloud. And the MLB and ROM strings have been deprecated since r2000, it will all be filled automatically from your SMBIOS info.

Perhaps you're using bad info in your SMBIOS or you need to add the credit card to your AppleID.

Credit card in Apple account is not a must. What you need to do is letting os x recognizes your ethernet card at least once during icloud setup

although it doesn't connected physically to internet. You can use Wi-fi to complete the login

process. This is what i always do since i only have wireless connection around here and never link my credit card ever.

Guys, am i doing something wrong?

i did:

removed every network.plist in systemconfiguration

changed the product name and the serial in the clover's config.plist

removed networks and then renamed wifi to en1

i've tried even added and then removed (since it seems deprecated) the strings artur-pt posted

any other tip?

I'm using chameleon rather than clover, so I don't know if this will work for you.  As you're ready to boot your system, type PCIRootUID=1 and then hit the enter button.  If this works you, you can add it to your boot.plist file so it starts automatically and you won't have to type it every time you boot up.  Hope this helps.

You're right that the SerialNumber is missing from the wiki, weird… Don't use the BoardSerialNumber as the SerialNumber as the one shown in the screen capture isn't valid for that. The serial number should be 12 digits, you can create one with Chameleon Wizard.

@Fau7i, wireless card is soldered on board, not compatible with osx and not interchangeable... :/

@Numbers, i'm injecting lan fix via clover to dsdt on every boot and i don't belive, even if i'm using en0, that the name of the network really matter.