AppleSmartBatteryManager not loading in GM

10 posts in this topic

Hi all, I've been using rehabman's patched AppleSmartBatteryManager in Mountain Lion on my x202e without any problems so far using a dsdt edit (native acpiplatform). I just updated to mavericks today and the kext is no longer working. I added it to AppleKextExcludeList.kext and as far as I know this is the correct way to do it: 

<key>com.apple.driver.AppleSmartBatteryManager</key>
<string>1.30</string>
<key>com.apple.driver.KextExcludeList</key>
<string>1.18.0</string>

I do not get any warnings upon login, the kext just simply doesn't load.

Is this correct? Is there anything else I should be doing, like adding compatible and the device ID to my DSDT? Or do I just need to wait for an updated kext for Mavericks?

WARNING - Invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext"
WARNING - Invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext"
WARNING - Invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext"
WARNING - Invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext"
WARNING - Invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext"
WARNING - Invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/ACPIBatteryManager.kext"
kext com.Accusys.driver.Acxxx  300029000 is in exception list, allowing to load

@artur-pt sorry to barge in on this thread, but since there is mention here of exclusino list, this is what I get as far as the kext exclusion list is concerned

WARNING - Invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext"
WARNING - Invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext"
WARNING - Invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext"
WARNING - Invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext"
WARNING - Invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext"
WARNING - Invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/System/Library/Extensions/ACPIBatteryManager.kext"
kext com.Accusys.driver.Acxxx  300029000 is in exception list, allowing to load

@artur-pt sorry to barge in on this thread, but since there is mention here of exclusino list, this is what I get as far as the kext exclusion list is concerned

First of all, this doesn't seem to cause any problems, I got the same message for some of my kexts and they still loaded. I decided to add them to the exlude list anyway though. If you go into the Info.plist of each of those kexts you should see something like this (using AppleRTC.kext as an example):

<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.apple.driver.AppleRTC</string>
<key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>
<string>6.0</string>
<key>CFBundleName</key>
<string>Apple RTC Driver</string>
<key>CFBundlePackageType</key>
<string>KEXT</string>
<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>
<string>2.0</string>

So for that particular kext, you would add this:

<key>com.apple.driver.AppleRTC</key>
<string>2.0</string>
<key>com.apple.driver.KextExcludeList</key>
<string>1.18.0</string>

Then do the same for all your other kexts. I added AppleKextExcludeList to itself since I modified it, I'm not sure if that's necessary.

hello

u see this messages where ?

when u rebuild the kernelcache ?

only problem if exit with error

the others are fancy msg from apple.. u can solve it .. editing the kext and update the info about them

in info.plist

2 keys

1 for excluded kext

u should update that info in the other key.. and the msg gonne..

like i say before.. i do nothing about it .. and all works good..

good hack

Like Arthur-pt said, the kexts will still load fine without adding them to the list, you will only get that message when you rebuild the cache. The messages ate harmless affect the functionality of the system in any way. I only added them to be as vanilla as possible, and because I wanted to know how to do it in case apple makes them unable to load in future versions of OS X.

hello

u see this messages where ?

when u rebuild the kernelcache ?

only problem if exit with error

the others are fancy msg from apple.. u can solve it .. editing the kext and update the info about them

in info.plist

2 keys

1 for excluded kext

u should update that info in the other key.. and the msg gonne..

like i say before.. i do nothing about it .. and all works good..

good hack

Like Arthur-pt said, the kexts will still load fine without adding them to the list, you will only get that message when you rebuild the cache. The messages ate harmless affect the functionality of the system in any way. I only added them to be as vanilla as possible, and because I wanted to know how to do it in case apple makes them unable to load in future versions of OS X.

Exactly, I just wanted to know if this would slow down my boot up process. Apaprently not. The kext-caches still build and the kexts still work.

Yes @artur-pt, I see this when I rebuild kernel and kextcache using terminal.