Battery life problem

cuzzo94

10 posts in this topic

Hi all, after many attempts i was able to run Iatkos ML2  with almost everything working. The only problem i have is with battery life. With a soft use i think it leasts around 1 hour.

What can i do to improve battery life? Is there any power saving setting like on windows? Thank you for your help :)

Firstly, I would recommend avoid iAtkos and such stuff, go vanilla.

There are a lot of things that affect your battery, such as CPU speed stepping, GPU clock, brightness, etc.

Are you using DSDT? Is speedstep working? Hard disk spin down time in Preferences?? Check all this, search around the forum and Google the stuff I said.

You will have your way.

Thank you for answering. First of all I have to admit thai i'm quite new in this kind of things.

Brightness is ok, and HD spin down is enabled. I didn't touch DSDT, and idk how to check is speedstep is working XD i'm trying to find something on google 

Thank you for answering. First of all I have to admit thai i'm quite new in this kind of things.

Brightness is ok, and HD spin down is enabled. I didn't touch DSDT, and idk how to check is speedstep is working XD i'm trying to find something on google 

If you have time you can read this: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-including-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners/

Here in Downloads you can get Pandora. You also need an origin ML install App. You can use your Iatios install to make a vanilla installer, that you can try on an other partition of your hd.

Have fun.

If you have time you can read this: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-including-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners/

Here in Downloads you can get Pandora. You also need an origin ML install App. You can use your Iatios install to make a vanilla installer, that you can try on an other partition of your hd.

Have fun.

Thank you, i'll read it!

However what are the benefits of Vanilla? Does it worh it if Iatkos installation is almost fully funcional? 

Thank you :)

ok, i wanted to try that way in a partition but when i try to initialize the partition it says something like unable to modify partitions map (i use it in italian, idk the exact translation).

Disk check doesn't find any error, what is the problem? I've got the same problem also doing it from the usb installer.

If you have guid partitioned, then should you have no problem. Distros are made, to run on almost every system. But therefore it is needing some hacks and so it is wide apart from vanilla on a concret system. One does not know, which kexts are manipulated. If you find things like evoreboot, which is almost outdated and espacalliy nullcpupowermanagement kext in System/Library/Extensions, then you have no working powermanagement. That is then the cause, why your system is eating so much batterie power.

If yyou have an external harddrive, you can it also use for trying a vanilla install, which is then fitting to your system as near as possible.

Have fun.

It's working isn't it? while i'm not using it  it goes down to 1,19, while watching youtube videos it jumps to 2,38

Is there a way to manually choose if run in powersave or not? For example in windows i can choose powersave mode in control panel, and the battery lasted more than 2 hours (with slower graphic and cpu)

However thank you for your great help! Now it's working almost perfectly, the only problem I have is the pc getting stuck when i shut it down XD

post-911144-0-55519400-1381173093_thumb.png