Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement question

2 posts in this topic

Hello all, I am new to Hackintosh. I have couple of basic questions. Do i need appleintelcpupowermanagement? I have ML installed. There is an error showing this kext-timed out during boot. How much does it affect if its not loaded? Thanks. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Frank Nitty
      On my X58 system in my signature, it has been an ongoing issue (since 10.9.0) for me to able to successfully load Mavericks without NullCPUPowerMangement. So far I have tried patching the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (described here) while removing NullCPUPowerManagement, and receiving a KP upon rebooting. I also tried using different kernel versions with NCPM installed: an xcpm-free unaltered version (found here, although it wasn't necessary) would cause a KP, but using a patched kernel (for xcpm, described here) and the GM vanilla kernel would load 10.9 trouble-free. However a KP will still arise each time using one of the kernels without NCPM. I attempted to use the PMPatch utility (found here) but it won't be of any use because my X58 system isn't a UEFI motherboard. I am also using a personalized SSDT made for my system. I have successfully booted into 10.7.5 and 10.8.5 without using NullCPUPowerMangement. I would also like to know why this process is so different from 10.7.5 and 10.8.5 aside from the fact that PM is performed by the kernel. Other than that, if there's any other ideas someone may have so that I can accomplish my goal of loading Mavericks without NullCPUPowerManagement I would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    • By dblackburn965
      Hey guys. I've been hackintoshing for a while, but I don't think I've posted. I'm usually able to figure things out on my own with the help of this forum and others, but this time I'm completely stumped as to how to fix my issue. My thinkpad has everything working great. Brightness control, sound, QE, trackpad, trackpoint, battery, wifi, etc. Except it's slow. I have an i7 2670qm in this particular laptop. I know that speedstop isn't working correctly. If I use nullcpu I get 800mhz. If I use an ssdt with a patched appleintelcpupowermanagement the laptop will boot to the desktop just fine, but after just a couple of minutes it hangs and I have to hold the power button down to turn it off. If there are any more details that you need I can get them to you. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. 
    • By johnniewolker
      Hello guys. Today i update my hackintosh system from 10.9.2 to 10.9.3 and i've got kernel panic sad.png (AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement)
      My system is Asus x53s:
      i3 2310m 
      gt520m/intel HD3000
      4gb ram 1333mhz
      hdd 500gb 5400rpm
      Using HDMI
      Any idea how to fix this?

• By adaskar
      hi guys.
      i have installed osx with clover bootloader on laptop ( UEFI mode ) but i'm getting a warning about my cpu which says
      25.153129: switchVap from 1 to 1  ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a   -- power management may be incomplete or unsupported   here is my config.plist file content    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"> <plist version="1.0"> <dict> <key>SystemParameters</key> <dict> <key>boot-args</key> <string>npci=0x2000 slide=0</string> <key>prev-lang:kbd</key> <string>en:0</string> <key>InjectSystemID</key> <string>Yes</string> <key>DefaultBootVolume</key> <string>MacOSX</string> <key>LegacyBoot</key> <string>PBR</string> </dict> <key>Graphics</key> <dict> <key>GraphicsInjector</key> <string>Yes</string> <key>PatchVBios</key> <string>Yes</string> </dict> <key>Pointer</key> <dict> <key>Speed</key> <string>8</string> <key>DoubleClickTime</key> <string>500</string> </dict> <key>RtVariables</key> <dict> <key>MLB</key> <string>11111111111111111</string> </dict> <key>PCI</key> <dict> <key>PCIRootUID</key> <string>0</string> <key>StringInjector</key> <string>Yes</string> <key>DeviceProperties</key> <string>9d0000000100000002000000520000000100000002010c00d041030a000000000101060000027fff04002c0000004100410050004c002c00690067002d0070006c006100740066006f0072006d002d0069006400000008000000030066013f0000000100000002010c00d041030a0000000001010600031c0101060002007fff0400160000006200750069006c0074002d0069006e0000000500000001</string> <key>USBInjection</key> <string>Yes</string> <key>USBFixOwnership</key> <string>Yes</string> <key>InjectClockID</key> <string>Yes</string> <key>LpcTune</key> <string>No</string> <key>HDAInjection</key> <string>No</string> </dict> <key>ACPI</key> <dict> <key>DropOemSSDT</key> <string>Yes</string> <key>GenerateCStates</key> <string>Yes</string> <key>GeneratePStates</key> <string>Yes</string> <key>PLimitDict</key> <string>0</string> <key>UnderVoltStep</key> <string>0</string> <key>DoubleFirstState</key> <string>No</string> <key>EnableC6</key> <string>Yes</string> <key>EnableC4</key> <string>Yes</string> <key>EnableC2</key> <string>Yes</string> <key>EnableISS</key> <string>Yes</string> <key>smartUPS</key> <string>No</string> <key>PatchAPIC</key> <string>No</string> </dict> <key>KernelAndKextPatches</key> <dict> <key>Debug</key> <string>No</string> <key>KernelCpu</key> <string>No</string> <key>AsusAICPUPM</key> <string>No</string> <key>AppleRTC</key> <string>No</string> </dict> </dict> </plist> even if i put SSDT.aml to EFI/ACPI/patched folder and try both of the value (true, false) of DropOemSSDT, the problem still exist.
      i don't know what to do so any help will be appreciated.
      thanks in advance.
    • By hungba
      Hi everyone,
      I've successfully installed Mountain Lion 10.8.5 on my Alienware M15x. The system runs pretty well except for Power Management doesn't work and the system can't sleep. My spec is as follow:
      - Intel Core i7 720QM (Nehalem - Clarksfield)
      - Mainboard PM55
      - Chimera v2.2.0-r2248 with:
      I tried to apply LPC patch to DSDT but keep getting stuck at "AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient: ready" at boot.
      Attached are my original DSDT.dsl; IODeviceTree; ioreg and kexstat. Please help me with it!
      Thanks a lot!
      P.S: Oh not sure if it's appropriate. My GPU is nVidia GTX 260m; it works fine with GraphicEnabler="Yes" but VGA and HDMI Video don't work. Is there any DSDT patch to get these working? Thanks again
      Send me.zip