New to this - HP HDX 16

dbraun31

31 posts in this topic

I want to seek out your advice because you first put me on to clover and so you would probably know more about this issue than I do. I installed clover to a USB through bootdisk utility. I restored my .dmg to a separate USB through transmac. However, when I boot off my clover USB, clover can see my Windows and Ubuntu operating systems, but it cannot see the USB with my restored .dmg as a bootable option. Is there any advice or any way you would know to go about solving this problem? I feel like I'm so close!

Update! Tried using chameleon and the error was 'no kernal cache file ' /system/library/caches/com.apple.kernelcaches/.87061851' found

can't find /mach_kernal

whats that mean??

can you see a file called mach_kernel on your drive w/ OS X?

can you see a file called mach_kernel on your drive w/ OS X?

check it out so I realized I wasn't using the InstallESD.dmg file I was using the overall 10.8.5.dmg file. From what I've read I'm pretty sure you're supposed to use the InstallESD.dmg. So I restored that image to a USB and tried again. Still can't see it in Clover and I tried running it in Chameleon, this time no mach_kernal problem, but after I select to boot from the OSX install USB, a large string of code flashes by the screen as if its loading, then the system suddenly reboots!

I tried running in safe mode and verbose mode and ignore cache mode but all of them have the same result of just rebooting my system... frustrated.

try burning a diffrent version of charmelon...

Yea thats an issue also I did it through Bootdisk utility. I don't currently have access to a Mac. Do you know any other way to burn chameleon from PC. I've tried exhaustively to get VMs to work with no success.You think getting a different version of chameleon could be a solution here?

Yea thats an issue also I did it through Bootdisk utility. I don't currently have access to a Mac. Do you know any other way to burn chameleon from PC. I've tried exhaustively to get VMs to work with no success.You think getting a different version of chameleon could be a solution here?

get vmware workstation 10 and mountain lion image then make usb installer from there.

I cannot help u when u dont have OSX.

When u do that i can even make things for u remotly(team viewer)

you do know that charmelon comes in iso's too, right? http://chameleon.osx86.hu/articles/chameleon-21-latest-version-download-links-updated

I want to seek out your advice because you first put me on to clover and so you would probably know more about this issue than I do. I installed clover to a USB through bootdisk utility. I restored my .dmg to a separate USB through transmac. However, when I boot off my clover USB, clover can see my Windows and Ubuntu operating systems, but it cannot see the USB with my restored .dmg as a bootable option. Is there any advice or any way you would know to go about solving this problem? I feel like I'm so close!

Update! Tried using chameleon and the error was 'no kernal cache file ' /system/library/caches/com.apple.kernelcaches/.87061851' found

can't find /mach_kernal

whats that mean??

did you format the usb as hfs+?