I am offering help with Hackintoshes. Installation, configuration, etc.

wws12

6 posts in this topic

This may not be the right section, so feel free to move it moderators :)

Hello!

I am offering help with hackintoshes. If you need help installing or configuring any version of OS X, Snow Leopard or higher including 10.9 Mavericks, I can assist you! I am familiar with the hackintoshing process and enjoy it as a hobby. I even wrote a guide for another hackintosh website that you can read here.

http://www.osx86.net/home/429-beginner-s-guide-hackintoshing.html

That guide was made by me, wws12, and covers installing Snow Leopard in a basic form.

I will do my best to help you.

Thanks,

wws12

Edited by fantomas1
I deleted your email to avoid attracting the attention of spammers

Hello,

Thank you for your help. I'm running an ASUS K52F with a few issues.

1. It refuses to wake when put to sleep.

2. The fn keys are not functioning correctly.

3. Screen Brightness and battery doesn't work.

4. HDMI and VGA doesn't work.

5. Ethernet doesn't work.

I attached my DSDT and system information to the thread. If I can get this all working I plan to add it to the wiki for others that have the same system.

Thank you.

Things I got working so far:

1. Got CE/QE working on laptop display. (Added DSDT edit to remove Natit.kext)

2. Sound working with custom VoodooHDA.kext (Not sure if it's possible to inject the codec into the DSDT without using voodoohda.)

3. Wifi is working with custom IO80211Family.kext

4. SD Card reader using VoodooSDHC.

5. Keyboard and mouse AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and ApplePS2Controller.kext.

post-4074-0-60236100-1377908944_thumb.png

post-4074-0-14578900-1377908957_thumb.png

dsdt.aml.zip

Hello,

Thank you for your help. I'm running an ASUS K52F with a few issues.

1. It refuses to wake when put to sleep.

2. The fn keys are not functioning correctly.

3. Screen Brightness and battery doesn't work.

4. HDMI and VGA doesn't work.

5. Ethernet doesn't work.

I attached my DSDT and system information to the thread. If I can get this all working I plan to add it to the wiki for others that have the same system.

Thank you.

Things I got working so far:

1. Got CE/QE working on laptop display. (Added DSDT edit to remove Natit.kext)

2. Sound working with custom VoodooHDA.kext (Not sure if it's possible to inject the codec into the DSDT without using voodoohda.)

3. Wifi is working with custom IO80211Family.kext

4. SD Card reader using VoodooSDHC.

5. Keyboard and mouse AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and ApplePS2Controller.kext.

OK.

First of all, what version of OS X are yourunning. I need to know that before I can help you with anything else

Ethernet you probably will need a kext for it. Try this one

http://www.osx86.net/view/3053-j_micron_jmc250_ethernet.html

Function keys, I will investigate that.

Please clarify what "screen brightness and battery doesn't work" means. Do you mean you can't boot up without AC power?

What happens when you try to use the HDMI/VGA port? Is anything displayed in DIsplay Settings?

Sleep of death could be a BIOS setting or a Power Management configuration issue. Please post your power settings and make sure HPET is set to 64-bit in the BIOS.

Regards,

wws12

Q: First of all, what version of OS X are yourunning. I need to know that before I can help you with anything else.

A: 10.8.4 ML

Q: Please clarify what "screen brightness and battery doesn't work" means. Do you mean you can't boot up without AC power?

A: Sorry that's part of the fn keys to change the brightness of the display.

Q: What happens when you try to use the HDMI/VGA port? Is anything displayed in DIsplay Settings?

A: Nothing happens. I'm using: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286092-guide-1st-generation-intel-hd-graphics-qeci/ for the graphics. We are currently look for someone that is good with hex edit to edit in HDMI and VGA out.

Q: Sleep of death could be a BIOS setting or a Power Management configuration issue. Please post your power settings and make sure HPET is set to 64-bit in the BIOS.

A: That option isn't available in my BIOS settings.

I'll try that ethernet kext and see if that works.

Thank you.

Q: First of all, what version of OS X are yourunning. I need to know that before I can help you with anything else.

A: 10.8.4 ML

Q: Please clarify what "screen brightness and battery doesn't work" means. Do you mean you can't boot up without AC power?

A: Sorry that's part of the fn keys to change the brightness of the display.

Q: What happens when you try to use the HDMI/VGA port? Is anything displayed in DIsplay Settings?

A: Nothing happens. I'm using: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286092-guide-1st-generation-intel-hd-graphics-qeci/ for the graphics. We are currently look for someone that is good with hex edit to edit in HDMI and VGA out.

Q: Sleep of death could be a BIOS setting or a Power Management configuration issue. Please post your power settings and make sure HPET is set to 64-bit in the BIOS.

A: That option isn't available in my BIOS settings.

I'll try that ethernet kext and see if that works.

Thank you.

For the function keys, try opening Keyboard settings and looking around in there. Same with Display Settings for the HDMI/VGA output. If you don't have HPET as an option in your BIOS, that is almost certainly the source of your battery/sleep problems. Do you have a traditional yellow text on blue background BIOS, or is it modified by the manufacturer?

Regards,

wws12

• 8 months later...