Anyone with HD5450 and DP6?

Derek12

7 posts in this topic

Since updating to DP6 now the previously working patched kexts alongside the Eulemur config in boot.plist stopped working on me. It gets stuck on a flickering gray screen with frozen spinning circle and a briefly shown mouse cursor after the Apple logo. Can anyone confirm they stopped working in DP6 or it's something I did wrong? I've tried every troubleshooting like reinstalling them, repairing permissions and cache, checked boot.plist Eulemur line...

Thanks

AMD5000Controller.kext and AMDRadeonX3000.kext. Add your id to those kexts and use sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions. In the 3000 kext you need your id in the correct family section. You haven't done anything wrong besides depending on those guys for kexts you don't need. Graphics kexts are of a collection and always should be from the same build and kernel. You will need to make these edits with every update because graphics kexts are usually always updated.

• Like 1

Thanks. My card ID is the same as of those kexts (0x68f9). I did reinstalled them, because at first boot the resolution was wrong and no QE CI and supposed they were overwritten. Now I can't get to desktop because it gets stuck on a weird flashing gray screen with a stuck spinning circle after the resolution change after the Apple logo.

hello

like early post , u should use the original kext from the build...

only edited them.. to work with u graphics.

to reach the desk .. delete amd5000controller.kext

boot

-f GraphicsEnabler=No

and then use the original kext from the build

if u use Clover u can patch the kext in the boot...

good hack

• Like 1

Thanks. added the ID on the original kexts. Repaired permissions and cache. Now it boots on correct resolution and it's being detected OK but NO qe/ci and NO GPU acceleration!!!!!

What can I do?

With GraphicsEnabler=Yes, monitor loses signal after boot screen and video card is recognized as a HD5470

With GraphicsEnabler=No which worked fine until DP6, correct resolution and detect but no QE CI.

Oh well this is getting worse, I will keep it on hold until someone releases patched kext for DP6 or I find how to do it.

how did you edit the kexts to add your id? did you put your id in the cedar family section of the x3000 kext?

I have to ask because you should have acceleration with or without GE, the difference would be without GE the default RadeonFramebuffer would be used instead of the Eulemur you specify in boot.plist. Just so you know, you must use GraphicsEnabler=Yes for the AtiConfig= flag to work.

Thanks again. After checking the kernel logs I've finally solved it. It was a line I accidentally deleted or corrupted when adding the ID on the X3000 kext and that caused it to not to load.

If I set  GraphicsEnabler to Yes and Eulemur framebuffer, my monitor loses signal after boot screen. I have to set it to No...