Mavericks Developer Preview 5 Hackintosh not booting anymore

Phame

6 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

just installed Mavericks Developer Preview 5 on my Hackintosh. I made a Update from Developer Preview 4. With the Beta 4 all was running fine but now my Hackintosh wont start. If I boot my Machine like normal after the Apple Bootlogo the Screen goes Black. What can I do? Don't have Access to another Mac/Hackintosh, only my Windows 8.1 Developer Preview Machine. I hope you Guys can help me, Thanks!

you first boot your machine with :

GraphicsEnabler=No

second=

i think in dp4 and dp5 remove your kext from your hackintosh  so install your Graphics kext or driver.

third : install my hack and Remove Problematic Extensions

please say your result here.

Are you using a dedicated GPU and does your Mainboard/CPU has some kind of integrated graphics? There's a kext that gets installed called AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext that can be deleted when booting into "Single User" aka "Command Line" mode with the "-s" parameter. That kext was the problem for me when upgrading to DP3. Maybe give it a try.

I think its more wide-spread, because i have the same problem. The graphics do not just crash, the whole system is put to halt (although it doesn't restart or KP). I have a dedicated GPU (Nvidia) and i've tried everything, but completely removing the NVIDIA/GF kexts is the only thing that allows me to boot to Desktop (although its only 2D and limited resolution).

indeed i had somewhat the same issue after upgrading  from a clean DP1->Dp5 directly. Basically i get" FIPS USER Space POST: Integrity test failed!" and "FIPS_POST failed! Kext loading now disabled" then the system halts. might have overlooked something or messed something else up.

I tried this with the latest chameleon and with clover. Im gonna check out a clean DP4 install now (had DP1,2,3,4 running ok prev) 

my dp5 halted like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so13K4-Fj5E

i get this problem since i try to install mavericks 

black screen 

i can boot only with -x 

i think is a bad config bios ( mobo GA-P55-UD3L)

my 3 nvidia graphics cards are working under ML 

i try to find a solution 

good hack 

have fun