Dual-link patch for samsung HD 4000 - i see half of desktop or wrong colors - please help

4 posts in this topic

Hello every one

I have problem making my HD 4000 working properly and i need someone to help me figure it out.

I really searched a lot and tested many many different solutions with no success.

Here is my situation :

1) If i use 166003 -> i can see only half of my desktop! I believe it can be fixed using Dual-Link patch

but i used this patch and it make no difference! i used "AAPL01,DualLink" and also "AAPL00,DualLink" (don't know the difference though) but nothing changed

2)if i use 01660004 -> I get full picture, (also tinted and dark screen) but the problem is that several green and red pixels appear on the screen and it doesnt work properly.

I attached screen-shots of this mode.

Personally i think 01660003 is the correct one, but i don't know how to make enable duallink or anything else that can give me a full picture.

maybe duallink is not the cause of half picture screen?

I really appreciate if someone can help me on this problem.

Thanks

Screen-shot 2

nuF1sxX.jpg

Yes Artur, thank you for reply

i tested these ids :  0,1,2,3,4,8,9,A,B

all got black screen except 3 and 4

I also use correct EDID for monitor

I don't have ability to test it with external Display myself, but we are about 4 or 5 guy with same laptop from different countries having this problem and they confirm they got correct picture and QE/CI enabled on VGA output.

The strange thing is that a few person with same laptop model and same specs installed mac ML successfully. but we have this problem even with same CPU model and exactly same EDID on same laptop!

i dont know its fixable or not and i am trying anything to get it working :(

The black screens mean its absolutely wrong ig-platform-id?