Enabling HD4000?

11 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any idea on how to enable the HD4000 on Mavericks? The ML 10.8.3-10.8.4 HD3000/4000 kexts don't seem to work, and I can't find any others. Could someone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance  :D

EDIT: I am using the latest Chameleon bootloader.

What is your GraphicsEnabler bootflag?

Do you have full resolution?

Is the video kext loaded in System Report?

Did you make any changes to the factory kexts for Intel HD? (If you did you will need to reverse them)

What is your HD4000 Vendor/Device ID?

• Like 1

-GraphicsEnabler=No (GraphicsEnabler=Yes results in being stuck at Bluetooth, I tried both)

-Full resolution of 1920x1080

-No, it is not loaded. I moved and backed up all video kexts in order to boot, so which of those should I use? (now that I think about it, that's probably my problem :P)

-I did not make any changes to the factory kexts other than move them, I am reinstalling them using Kext Utility now.

-Vendor: Intel (0x8086), Device ID: (0x0162)

• Like 1

I installed the three IntelHD4000 kexts and booted with GraphicsEnabler=No for nice, not-horrible animations. Thanks!

So it's working? Where did you get the kexts from? Were they factory Mavericks kexts or from Internet?

They were factory kexts, but apparently I broke it... I tried changing my video memory from 96M to a higher number and now, no matter how many times I reinstall factory kexts, animations are still weird, even with the original 96M (I made it 96M because of some message during installation telling me that only 32, 64, and 96 are supported). Anyone know how to fix this? This solution worked once and now it just doesn't want to...

Let me simplify my question a bit:

Does anyone know how to get my AppleIntelHD4000Graphics.kext to load?

EDIT: I put the kext and bundles in /Extra/Extensions and it seemed to work. My graphics still show up as "Display 64 MB of Shared System Memory", is there a.) any way to make it show up as the correct graphics (GraphicsEnabler=Yes?) or b.) make it more than 64 MB?

EDIT (again): It broke (again). It seems to have worked the first time I loaded Safari/iCloud, then, when I tried loading a Steam game, it stopped working, even without a reboot... any ideas?

Does anyone have any idea on how to enable the HD4000 on Mavericks? The ML 10.8.3-10.8.4 HD3000/4000 kexts don't seem to work, and I can't find any others.

If your signature is correct, you have Ivy Bridge Graphics on Sandy Bridge motherboard.  Based on the motherboard, OS X is trying to load HD3000 graphics kexts on a HD4000 graphics processor.  That configuration is not supported natively in OS X. See HD4000 full acceleration for 10.8 / 10.7.5 - Intel - InsanelyMac Forum.

• 3 months later...

Hi, I've got HD4000 kext loaded OOB. Even with MacBookPro mid 2008 definition. I have mixed sandy/ivy mobo (DC3217BY). I used ##### install method. The kext came with os install unless ##### put it there. The animations play smoothly. But there is no OpenGL. SNB kext is not loaded though.

AppleIntelHD4000Graphics:

Version: 8.18.26

Last Modified: 20/09/2013 06:39

Loaded: Yes

Get Info String: AppleIntelHD4000Graphics 8.18.26

Obtained from: Apple

Kind: Intel

Architectures: x86_64

64-Bit (Intel): Yes

Location: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHD4000Graphics.kext

Kext Version: 8.1.8

Load Address: 18446743521833700000

Valid: Yes

Authentic: Yes

Dependencies: Satisfied

Signed by: Software Signing, Apple Code Signing Certification Authority, Apple Root CA

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement:

Version: 216.0.0

Last Modified: 20/09/2013 06:16

Loaded: Yes

Obtained from: Unknown

Location: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext

Kext Version: 216.0.0

Load Address: 18446743521834200000

Signed by: Unknown

AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB:

Version: 8.18.27

Last Modified: 20/09/2013 07:06

Loaded: No

Get Info String: AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB 8.18.27

Obtained from: Apple

Location: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext

Kext Version: 8.1.8

Signed by: Software Signing, Apple Code Signing Certification Authority, Apple Root CA

Edit:

It turns out Mavericks support HD4000 OOB. I screwed the settings by installing old ML AppleFremebufferCapri to get sound. When I patched the original Mavericks Capri, I got video and HDMI sound working properly.

Also I think my setup is not mixed Sandy/Ivy. I have QS77 and 3rd gen i3. I really can't understand which is Sandy and which is Ivy and when it's mixed.