AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext persistance?

c0ercion

7 posts in this topic

Is this supposed to stay loaded? If I manually load it, it only sticks around for a minute or so. It appears to load during boot but doesn't show up in kextstat immediately afterwards.

I'm trying to get pstates working. I've compiled an ssdt with Pike's ssdtPRGen script, but to no avail. I only get two pstates, 8 and 35. I heard people had luck with ssdtPRGen and AICPM in combination. I even tried a kext patched for 10.9 and it doesn't seem to do anything. Is there a blacklist somewhere that I'm not aware of? Could any other kexts be preventing it from sticking around?

The only mention I see of it in my logs is the following: ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin : :startForReal - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPower Management) timed out

I have no other major problems (besides the nvidia drivers not playing very well with my gtx780... nothing serious, just getting 50fps in games I should be getting 150fps in) but other than that, my system boots fine. Oh my system log does get spammed with SMC::smcGetKeyFromIndexAction ERROR: failed on index 901 if that is relevant in any way.

The console smc errors are there for almost everyone. As rals2007 said, you need to remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, and then if you get KP or high CPU temps, then you need to patch your DSDT, generate P states and such.

Do more research on model identifier (smbios.plist), make sure you're using the best fit for your hardware. I don't know which one is better.

For Ivy Bridge I believe most people use iMac13,1 to get working CPU power management.

Also there's this discussion - fakesmc REV and smc-compatible key:

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=2588&view=findpost&p=26625

Thanks for the link, I'll play around with it when I get home. That still doesn't really explain why my AICPM.kext won't load properly does it? Either way I've already tried at least a dozen different smbios configs without much luck. I'm not too familiar with how SMC works though so I look forward to toying with it none the less.

• 3 months later...