Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

Basic Bootflags.. What Am I doing Wrong?

5 posts in this topic

I've tried installing osx via original method with 10.6 retail disk. I could get it to install no problem but never able to boot off the hdd to run [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and wrap it all up. Also tried iAtkos ML2 thinking itd be a simpler all in one solution but no avail. same results. I feel like its something as simple as putting in the right boot flag. 

-v, -x, -s, maxmem=4096, cpus=1

My system is a lenovo thinkpad t420

Intel i7 2620m

16gb corsair vengeance 16gb ddr3 1600mhz

320gb 7200 hdd.

Integrated intel 3000.

I've read over multiple guides and I guess they just assume I know basic install techniques that im just not getting. Can anyone help me out?

What do you mean by same results? Nobody can help you with that. Boot with -v and tell the last line.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kogen Mantis
      Thanks to Clover EFI Bootloader I was able to achieve almost perfect HacBook Pro from my Lenovo T420
      This guide is work in progress and I’ll try to update it as often as I can outdated! For more updated guide head to tluck's post #481 (thanks tluck for taking over)
      Why UEFI Only?
      Faster boot time, better hardware detection, native Mac OS X Installation process and Auto create Recovery HD, working iCloud and iMessage to name a few. But in general you will achieve almost perfect Macbook Pro clone that will most likely survive all future System updates.

Note: I’ll be focusing on Mountain Lion but I guess Lion would work equally good.

Lets start by preparing Mac OS X install media.
      You will need:
      - Working Mac OS X 10.6 or later (Hackintosh, Virtual machine or real Mac)
      - 8GB+ USB pen-drive
      - Legal copy of Mountain Lion install app
      - and an app called Lion Disk Maker
      - my custom Clover Package: Clover_v2_r1625k0.pkg.zip

Prepare Mountain Lion install media using Lion DiskMaker.

Making install media bootable on your ThinkPad
      Run my custom Clover Package and change the install destination to the Mountain Lion install media you’ve just created using Lion DiskMaker. Generaly you don't have to worry about anything else it is all customized to work best on all ThinkPads.

Note (optional): At this point you can use another FAT32 formatted pen-drive to install Clover on to it. This pen-drive needs to be capable of storing at least 25MB+ of data.

System installation
      Insert prepared OS X Mountain Lion Install Disk - 10.8 in your ThinkPad and set to boot in UEFI Only mode. And wait for the boot loader. You should be presented with screen like this:

Now start the installation process just like you would on a normal Mac. Partition your drive with GUID table and install.

Adding Extra drivers using myHack
      You now should be running vanilla Mac OS X 10.8. Before you start upgrading and instaling software now is a good time to add missing drivers and install them in a clean and proper manner using myHack.
      1. Download Extra Folder: Extra.zip
      2. Download myHack and place it in your Application folder
      3. Run myHack and choose myFix. When asked about Extra folder choose "Use My Own" and point to downloaded Extra folder from step 1. Reboot and check if everything is working fine. By everything, beside AppleACPIPlatform.kext ver 1.3.5, I mean Sound and Battery meter cause these are the only kexts that are in Extra/Extentions

Making your custom configuration using OEM folder
      ... under construction...

Booting Clover EFI Bootloader from system drive
      It's time to get rid of the osx pen-drive you've been booting all the time and install my custom Clover to your main disk and boot directly from your hard drive EFI partition. This step is identical to the "Making install media bootable on your ThinkPad" but this time you will be using your main drive. Just make sure your disk drive is selected when installing.

Note: Now You can customize your installation. You have the choice to install Clover Preference Panel and Optional RC scripts.

Remove pen-drive and reboot. If all went well you should be booting from your hard drives EFI partition now. Good luck!

Software worth mentioning
      Clover EFI bootloader (thread) - (source code) - (changelog) - (wiki)
      CloverGrower (post) - (source code)
      HWMonitor + HWSensors (thread) - (source code)
      DSDT Editor (thread)
      DarwinDumper (thread)

Thanks and credits
      @Slice, @dmazar and all Clover thread members, @joshhh and all T510 thread members, @gothic860 and all W520 thread members, @Manwe150 and all T420 thread members

.…. to be continued.

Update 2013-01-20: Flashed latest UEFI Bios version 1.43 + whitelist and started fresh DSDT patching

Update 2013-01-30: Uploaded new LenovoEFI_Pack_Beta2.zip (from now on I'll be attaching latest version to this thread). I've started using the EFI/OEM/4180A32 folder specific for my T420 model and added minimal config in the root that should work for everyone else (testers needed). My latest DSDT.aml in EFI/OEM/4180A32/ACPI/patched and updated ThinkPad theme is included.

Update 2013-05-15: Updated the post to reflect some changes and progress made in this topic. Using custom Clover r1625 that has all the stuff Lenovo UEFI user needs. This one is enabled to install to ESP by default with ThinkPad Theme and RC scripts and example EFI/CLOVER/OEM/4180A32 folder.
    • By anarchy99
      im trying to dual boot win7 and 10.9 on a t420
      i have mavericks installed and win 7 and the clover bootloader sees both OS's
      i can boot into the mac just fine but with windows the computer freezes displaying a windows logo from the clover theme on a black background
      however if i insert the windows install usb and i dont press any key to start the setup it auto-boots windows
      anyone know how i can fix what im assuming is a bootloader problem?
    • By stevenplanet
      Hi guys! So complete NOOB here. But hoping to change that with this OSX installation. I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T420 4177 with Intel HD 3000 and an i5 processor. (2520m). I have 4 GB of factory installed RAM and a 320 GB hard drive. I was hoping you guys could help me out. I have a retail copy of the Snow Leopard DVD. So what I did was burned iB00t and then used it to boot the retail DVD. It took like two full minutes but then I saw this:
      I tried going into verbose mode but same thing. I changed the mode to ACHI in BIOS and everything. I don't know whats going on. I also tried all the other flags like GraphicsEnabler=No and PCIRootUID=1 but to no avail. Can anyone help me out? Thanks! I think it might be the problem but I actually have all my other partitions still existing during this installation. I have 3 boot options that show up when I put in the ib00t cd. Windows 7, Lenovo Backup, and System Drive. Should I do some formatting or something? Sorry I'm so clueless. Hope someone could help:)
      EDIT: Do you guys think this is the problem? I'm using this DVD