Asus Z87-Deluxe & 4770K - A Guide to Mavericks

Gus93

254 posts in this topic

WiFi works very well, but there is a problem with Bluetooth. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks for bring this to my attention.  Need testers to verify the problem is solved.  Install, rebuild cache and restart.  Reply with results.

Download, see Post #132

Credit: EMlyDinEsH: Bluetooth Firmware Uploader - Projects - OSXLatitude Forum

So, you guys have figured out the Wifi problem on the Z87-DELUXE.  I was wondering if this applies to the Z87I-DELUXE (mini-itx) with its "ASUS WiFi Go!" 802.11ac chip.  

BT: Testing

WiFi: 2.4 works, 5 is not working

Thanks for bring this to my attention.  Need testers to verify the problem is solved.  Install, rebuild cache and restart.  Reply with results.

no change for me...

when installing with kext wizard - kernel identifier error message... says installed anyway... still bluetooth icon there but can't connect to computer- iPhone, magic mouse or apple keyboard.

Reset, disable BT, plug in dongle and all three work immediately on reboot to Mavericks.... 

would love for this to work so i can use knock to unlock on my PC rather than just my Macbook Air... 

when installing with kext wizard - kernel identifier error message... says installed anyway... still bluetooth icon there but can't connect to computer- iPhone, magic mouse or apple keyboard.

Reinstall, rebuild cache, restart, try to connect a BT device and reply with a copy of IOReg.

Kind of works for me. No 5ghz like you said. 2.4 works well. Bluetooth shows, but it won't successfully pair with my keyboard. Maybe it's my keyboard. It will show connecting and then connected then nothing for a bit then pairing failed.

Kind of works for me. No 5ghz like you said. 2.4 works well. Bluetooth shows, but it won't successfully pair with my keyboard. Maybe it's my keyboard. It will show connecting and then connected then nothing for a bit then pairing failed.

exactly the same as mine... i would do an io reg and post like toledo asked of me.... 

Updated bcm4352.kext.  Rebuild cache, delete existing BT devices and restart.  If no BT, attach IOReg.

nothing has changed...

Scotty’s iMac.zip

its certainly closer... getting spinning ball thing in bluetooth panel but nothing beyond that....

it seems to have broken all bluetooth.... now my dongle can't find the mouse or iPhone or keyboard since deleting for the test

I don't understand why it would be able to see the keyboard fine and almost connect, but fail to pair. It doesn't even ask me to enter keys in to pair. I wonder what the heck is going on here. I deleted the bluetooth.plist out of preferences and it made no difference.

Great job Toleda, Problem in bluetooth is pairing with my magic trackpad and apple bluetooth keyboard. 2nd problem is Realtek 

RTL8111G doesn't appear in P/S/Network but is loaded on boot. Can you tell us how to configure and install bluetooth by video?? Thanks a lot.

I'll have to get it out of Linux. I swapped my card out with a 780 Ti and I can't get OS X to work. I've tried using clover to inject an ID that I think belongs to a regular 780 and it didn't work. I just get a gray screen instead of my desktop.

I'll have to get it out of Linux. I swapped my card out with a 780 Ti and I can't get OS X to work. I've tried using clover to inject an ID that I think belongs to a regular 780 and it didn't work. I just get a gray screen instead of my desktop.

Boot with GraphicsEnabler=No -v