[FIXED by DSDT edit!] +10C temps, +500rpm fans

nyolc8

47 posts in this topic

I'm running DP1 and I get higher temps for CPU than in 10.8. Fans are spinning ~500rpm more than in 10.8... CPU power management works because I see (in hwmonitor) that it's changes the multiplier/cpu clock like in 10.8.

Anyone else have this issue? I don't know what could I do...

edit: I just see that spotlight is indexing, I'll report back when it's done.

edit2: spotlight ended indexing but still getting 10-15C higher temps for CPU :/ This is because of the new energy saving feature? Is there a way to disable that?

edit3: I also tried to use 2 different fakesmc with plugins (from two different developer team) and I'm getting this ~53-55C idle temp in 10.9... I get ~40C idle temp in 10.8

So this is not good :(

edit4: maybe a bug with c2d cpu? Is there anyone else who installed 10.9 on a core2duo?

• Like 1

I just fixed it! :D I investigated the LPCB device with IORegistryExplorer and found out that 10.9 somehow reads the device differently from the same DSDT file. So I basically modified my DSDT (added name,ioname,compatibility injection) and got normal temps without any kext editing! :D

• Like 14

I just fixed it! :D I investigated the LPCB device with IORegistryExplorer and found out that 10.9 somehow reads the device differently from the same DSDT file. So I basically modified my DSDT (added name,ioname,compatibility injection) and got normal temps without any kext editing! :D

Can you explain how actually do it/ what has been modified?

Thanks!

Because my GPU GTX 650 has almost same temp like GPU and this isn't normally because it's a Kelper GPU so in Windows around 28 30C maximum.

In 10.9...  Screen%20Shot%202013-06-15%20at%204.49.4

37GPU 1500 rpm

33 CPU  1507 rpm

I also injected dev id into AGPM.kext

This is my DSDT: http://cl.ly/373m2e3w0N0D

What modify i need to do?

Some help will be appreciated!

System from signature!

Method _DSM in your device PX40 will be like this

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
    Store (Package (0x08)
        {
            "device-id", 
            Buffer (0x04)
            {
                 0x18, 0x3A, 0x00, 0x00
            }, 
            "compatible", 
            Buffer (0x0D)
            {
                "pci8086,3a18"
            }, 
            "IOName", 
            Buffer (0x0D)
            {
                "pci8086,3a18"
            }, 
            "name", 
            Buffer (0x0D)
            {
                "pci8086,3a18"
            }
        }, Local0)
    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
    Return (Local0)
}
  • Like 6

I think thats not really a problem cause weather's getting hot. Then i not need any modif.

Thanks anyway!

Maybe i'll give it a try!

Around  27C in room.

Can you help me with injection, i don't have much experience with DSDT editing.

Thanks oldnapalm!

My dsdt: http://cl.ly/373m2e3w0N0D

for me... even with a patched LPCB (like oldnapalm mentioned) i've got something like 8-10°C difference from 10.8 to 10.9.

Even my GFX gets hot and it seems that speedstep isn't working (always locked to full power)

smbios 3,1 macpro

cheers

p.s i've attached my dsdt in case anyone wants to take a look at.

Mountain Lion 10.8:

post-449896-0-51262800-1371584730_thumb.jpg

Mavericks 10.9:

post-449896-0-54359200-1371584750_thumb.jpg

P5Q.aml.zip

Hello All !

Can anyone advise me on this issue of bad temperature display via SMCFanControl ? (see photo attached)

In fact, when I compare the temperatures indicated by CPU-i, there is always a difference of 15 °. Since I prefer not to have CPU-i open all the time, I wonder if this difference can be corrected so that the temperature is displayed correctly via SMCFancontrol.

I never had this problem under Snow Leopard. Now I have it in Mountain Lion and Mavericks.

I do not use DSDT and here I use the kexts for powermanagement.
ACPISensors
AppleACPIPS2Nub
IntelCPUMonitor
NullCPUPowerManagement

A big thank you in advance.
wonderful forum !!

Loyd

post-699133-0-97590200-1371688501_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm... I did this patch and got back to lower temps in DP2, but after upgrading to DP3 I am back to higher temperatures. Any thoughts why this happened?

Check the LPC device in IORegistryExplorer and check if AppleLPC is there.

Not necessary, the LPC device is "built-in" by nature...it shouldn't need that property injected...?

The problem here is that AppleLPC.kext does not load for 3a16 (LPC device on ICH10R).

See my post here on how to fix that (jymbo can use the example code verbatim):

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?s=cf1d92911b89a95cbb810463f1b9d00a&showtopic=102&view=findpost&p=2532

Ah, it was my own fault then. When doing the patch I noticed 3a18 in my DSDT and thought it was a mistake so I changed it to 3a16. I need to start commenting my dsdt's better.

Thanks for the informative post about LPC!

Edited by Gringo Vermelho
Please don't quote entire posts when replying directly below them! Thanks.

Not necessary, the LPC device is "built-in" by nature...it doesn't need that property injected. The problem is that AppleLPC.kext does not load for 3a16 (LPC device on ICH10R).

See my post here on how to fix that (jymbo can use the example code verbatim):

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?s=cf1d92911b89a95cbb810463f1b9d00a&showtopic=102&view=findpost&p=2532

So your DSDT edit basically do the same as my method? Because if I remember correctly, I already had "device-id" in DSDT and it's not worked until I added the extra injects(ioname,compatible,name) to it. (note: I didn't tested which one is exactly helped from these three, I just added all of them.)

My code example made AppleLPC.kext load on my old mobo with ICH10R, that's all I can say. Maybe it's in the renaming? I had all instances of SBRG renamed to LPCB just the way OS X likes it.

Jymbo:

Yes, the idea is to set the device ID to what you want it to be (in this case 3a18, which is known by AppleLPC.kext), not the device ID that the hardware already has!! Otherwise it wouldn't be much of an override...

• 2 months later...

I have my DSDT, made with Olarila patched, but where is the SBRG didn't pach, its going where IORegistry says were the SBRG Is. Its the correct place, Or I have to pached manually ?

I have my DSDT, made with Olarila patched, but where is the SBRG didn't pach, its going where IORegistry says were the SBRG Is. Its the correct place, Or I have to pached manually ?

What is SBRG? Sorry but I don't exactly understand what you want to do.