OSX on HP Pavilion Elite

Icchan-san

96 posts in this topic

Guest Guest: Kevin_*

o wait, turns out i was booting from dvd and not the hard drive. anyways, guess i wont mess with macs till i get a legit mac. Thanks SO much for the support and help though :angel:!!!

o wait, turns out i was booting from dvd and not the hard drive. anyways, guess i wont mess with macs till i get a legit mac. Thanks SO much for the support and help though :angel:!!!
Kkz you better flash again, to your original BIOS, you know the HP warranty ;P

• 3 weeks later...
Guest SmoothGuest

how bout a confirmation for HP Pavillion HDX 16, it's pretty much a mac book pro (not really but...)? i havent checked if this baby has two SATA interfaces like the HDX 18, if yes then i will defenitely go for the experiment without asking too much, but so far, i've seen only asus based boards having success?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest: Icchansan_*
UPDATE:updated to 10.5.7 and Audio isn't working anymore...i will try to revert to old kexts...btw. the rapidshare-links for alc888s is down..
Yo mianos, are you using distros or retail? how did you update? have to update this blog for this... I didnt use leopard in a long time, wtf ALC888s is not working again...http://www.mediafire.com/?rmobjy2wyiitry with this link and report back if it work or try with those voodoohda, google it

hey, i solved it, reverted back to old kexts posted here (i had a backup, but thx alot anyway :angel: )sleep isn't working anymore. display goes to state off. but the power led and the led of my dvd-drive is on.i'm on retail, i used the system-update...the sleep-fix (these USB-blabla-kexts) from this thread are not working for me on 10.5.7

I see, well I will try this weekend, yeh those fix are for 10.5.6, I will try to update everything and test all the stuff for 10.5.7, the info should be here next monday, if you get any progress fixing those issue post it here, and will test them, then update the main blog, take care :angel:

SOVLED SLEEP:there is a nice installer called 10.5.7_Repair-Pack_V1.3i installed just the recompiled AppleUSB* Option and the one for optical mice (mine was a bit laggy since last update to 10.5.6, i think it was quicktime 7.6)thats it, sleep is working now.

Guest Judas1979

Hi everyone,i have a little problem with the lan chip of the IPIBL-LB mainboard, the chipset is of the rtl81xx family.does anyone find a workin driver for it ?thanks alot in advance

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest: Random_*

My computer (HP Elite e9150t, i7-920 processor, 6GB DDR3-1066MHz SDRAM, 1TB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive, 1GB ATI Radeon HD 4850) continually won't start after installation.I have tried Generic ISO - disk swap, the actual Mac OS disk, won't even install.I tried Ideneb 1.4 which will go through the entire install and then have loading errors and won't start up. (I've tried this on two different hard drives, one will Vista on it with a seperate partition and freshly formated HD, that works fine in my PowerMac G5.I tried as it stated on the Forum iAtkos v5i which it won't even boot into the installation process.Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm on my 10-11 install.

My computer (HP Elite e9150t, i7-920 processor, 6GB DDR3-1066MHz SDRAM, 1TB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive, 1GB ATI Radeon HD 4850) continually won't start after installation.I have tried Generic ISO - disk swap, the actual Mac OS disk, won't even install.I tried Ideneb 1.4 which will go through the entire install and then have loading errors and won't start up. (I've tried this on two different hard drives, one will Vista on it with a seperate partition and freshly formated HD, that works fine in my PowerMac G5.I tried as it stated on the Forum iAtkos v5i which it won't even boot into the installation process.Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm on my 10-11 install.
Hey there, Well I dont know about the core i7 HP Pavilion Machine, but you need to use Retail to get it working, try following munkys guide, check others guides about how to get working some x58 mobos, like gigabyte and asus, so you can get an idea about how to do it.with 132 bootloader did you try to boot with cpus=1 -v -x -f, try that and report back surely will useful for other members :angel:

Hey there, Well I dont know about the core i7 HP Pavilion Machine, but you need to use Retail to get it working, try following munkys guide, check others guides about how to get working some x58 mobos, like gigabyte and asus, so you can get an idea about how to do it.with 132 bootloader did you try to boot with cpus=1 -v -x -f, try that and report back surely will useful for other members :angel:
I'm currently trying another install off of the iDeneb 1.4 - with promps from Kernel - Voodoo 9.5 Audio - ALC1200 Chipset - ATI with SB700 support (I forgot the actual name of it... highlight them and read the discription. The correct one will mention the SB700) Video - NONE LAN - NONEI guess I don't understand what you mean by:with 132 bootloader did you try to boot with cpus=1 -v -x -f,Are you implying that after i get the bootloader 132 Generic up and it is ready for the swap, to input my Mac OS disc and then instead of hitting enter, hitting "1 -v -x -f"??Thanks

My computer (HP Elite e9150t, i7-920 processor, 6GB DDR3-1066MHz SDRAM, 1TB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive, 1GB ATI Radeon HD 4850Thanks Icchan for all the help!! I followed the instructions on http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...9&start=700Which allowed me to start the install process. I get all the way down to step C: Boot your Leopard DVD and Note 2: Your booting or installation might seem to freeze at times... just leave it there, ti will regain consciousness in a few minutes (up tp 7-10 minutes generally)I've done it 4 times, always allowing it to sit for at least 10 minutes and this last time over an hour to see if anything would happen. And nope its just still sitting there.The bottom text on the screen reads:"MAC Framework successfully initializedusing 16384 buffer headers and 4096 clust IO buffer headers"Any help greatly appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
have you tried iATKos v7?
Hi does anybody knows if it's possible to install snow leo on this hp pavillion ?thanks in advanceJudas
Hi does anybody knows if it's possible to install snow leo on this hp pavillion ?thanks in advanceJudas
Yeah it is possible :angel: Heres a guide http://www.hackint0sh.org/f217/86514.htmI used another method tho, but this one should work with you guys, try and report backBtw iAtkos v7 works too, like any distro or Retail, good luck

• 1 month later...

Has anyone had a similier experience to this: To get around the cpus=1 thing, I flashed my IPIBL-LA(not LB) motherboard with the 5.08 bios from this thread. I now have a machine that hangs at the blue HP bios screen. I'm not sure how this happened as I successfully flashed it from 5.03 to 5.13 the day before, and the 5.08 flashing completed without errors. Now I can't even get into the bios setup or boot menu. I've tryed moving the clear CMOS and password jumpers, but they made no difference. I'm now looking at buying a floppy drive to try the 'control-home' AMI bois recovery thing..I noticed the 5.08 image is for an HP m8100y not a m8175.es like mine. The motherboard model is the only issue right? Nothing else should effect it?If anyone has any suggestions, that would be cool... I guess the 5.08 .rom file posted doesn't work for everyone.. I'd be greatful for an original copy of the 5.07 rom image if anyone can make one. Hopefully I'll have some success with the floppy drive...One other point. The machine is overclocked using the taped BSEL2 trick. Could this be an issue? Everything was working perfectly with the OC before the flash..Cheers, Tim.

Has anyone had a similier experience to this: To get around the cpus=1 thing, I flashed my IPIBL-LA(not LB) motherboard with the 5.08 bios from this thread. I now have a machine that hangs at the blue HP bios screen. I'm not sure how this happened as I successfully flashed it from 5.03 to 5.13 the day before, and the 5.08 flashing completed without errors. Now I can't even get into the bios setup or boot menu. I've tryed moving the clear CMOS and password jumpers, but they made no difference. I'm now looking at buying a floppy drive to try the 'control-home' AMI bois recovery thing..I noticed the 5.08 image is for an HP m8100y not a m8175.es like mine. The motherboard model is the only issue right? Nothing else should effect it?If anyone has any suggestions, that would be cool... I guess the 5.08 .rom file posted doesn't work for everyone.. I'd be greatful for an original copy of the 5.07 rom image if anyone can make one. Hopefully I'll have some success with the floppy drive...One other point. The machine is overclocked using the taped BSEL2 trick. Could this be an issue? Everything was working perfectly with the OC before the flash..Cheers, Tim.
So it wasn't a problem with 5.08 bios image... Sorry for implying that it might be. I managed to re-flash the bios using a CD with the HP 5.13 rom file renamed as HPBIOS.ROM(I had to use linux to create the CD as ones burnt from OSX didn't work. Also turn off any naming extensions...). The machine still hung at the blue HP bios screen! I removed the BSEL2 mod & CMOS battery and then it would boot again.. hurra! I can only assume that if the BIOS doesn't have valid bus timings set in CMOS. On power up, with the BSEL2 mod, the defaults don't get configured correctly or something..So now I have flashed the 5.08 rom, and am in the process of installing OSX without using cpus=1. All four cores are detected.Thanks for posting your guide Icchan-san!

• 2 weeks later...
So it wasn't a problem with 5.08 bios image... Sorry for implying that it might be. I managed to re-flash the bios using a CD with the HP 5.13 rom file renamed as HPBIOS.ROM(I had to use linux to create the CD as ones burnt from OSX didn't work. Also turn off any naming extensions...). The machine still hung at the blue HP bios screen! I removed the BSEL2 mod & CMOS battery and then it would boot again.. hurra! I can only assume that if the BIOS doesn't have valid bus timings set in CMOS. On power up, with the BSEL2 mod, the defaults don't get configured correctly or something..So now I have flashed the 5.08 rom, and am in the process of installing OSX without using cpus=1. All four cores are detected.Thanks for posting your guide Icchan-san!
So although I have a bootable PC again. I would warn that flashing your BIOS as recommended here can remove the DMI identification from the BIOS. Or it did in my case. This means that your Vista recovery DVD won't recognised your system any more. So you can't reinstall Vista.. I guess I should have backed up the BIOS before I began. Most BIOS problems can now be fixed with DSDT mods using the Chemeleon boot loader, so there isn't much need to flash the BIOS anyway.