OSX on HP Pavilion Elite

Icchan-san

96 posts in this topic

Hi! Icchan-san!Thank you for your information.Finally I change my Pavillion Elite m9250f to Mac.I installed iDeneb 10.5.5.It works good. But I want to install retail 10.5.6 using BOOT 132.I don't know which kexts do I have to put into Extention foler.Do you try to install retail DVD using BOOT 132 ? 

Well I tried once, I used a generic disc for it, a friend made it for me, I didnt try retail, cuz long time ago you need to use the whole disk, now theres a way to do it using MBR, now both hard disk are full of useful info so...Anyway you can try to get a generic disc too, or ask in using any guide about 132 bootloader, try with this one, if it doesnt work for you... post back and will tell you what I used. Good Luck.Im glad it work for you :thumbsup_anim:

I've been reading your tutorial, before doing anything I had a few questions, I have the HP Pavilion Elite m9340f Desktop PC (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...3E%3Ca%20href=). I was reading that my graphics card wasn't supported. Anyways if it's not to much trouble my system specs are on that above site. You probably have a much better idea about what's required. Any chance you could have a look and see if maybe it'll run on my system?

I've been reading your tutorial, before doing anything I had a few questions, I have the HP Pavilion Elite m9340f Desktop PC (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...3E%3Ca%20href=). I was reading that my graphics card wasn't supported. Anyways if it's not to much trouble my system specs are on that above site. You probably have a much better idea about what's required. Any chance you could have a look and see if maybe it'll run on my system?
Yo beriadon, check my tutorial here, check dray posts, he have the same computer, he got video working...

Hi! Icchan !I installed Retail 10.5.6 with BOOT 132.I used USB Drive for BOOT 132.I tested sevral kexts in Extension folder.Finally I chose kexts.       dsmos.kext       EHCISleepEnabler.kext       IntelCPUPMDisabler.kext       LegacyAppleAHCIPort.kext       LegacyAppleIntelPllXATA.kext       LegacyIOAHCIBlockStorage.kext       SMBIOsEnabler.kextThese are kexts I used.sleep.restart :It works.shut down : It doesn't work.I am happy with this results.Thank you again for your informations.

Great info Jun ho, report back if you get shut down working, btw can you check if you have firewire and SD Cards working? This info surely will help other users, btw... if your using Retail you dont need MOD anymore, you can go back to your original BIOS and do DSDT Patch :thumbsup_anim:

hey,i worked whole night ;)i am on 10.5.6....could some one ( JUN HO ) zip the kexts you are using?i am a little confused about bootloader things.I THINK :angel: i use EFI.... i did this howto: http://heavyhackintosh.blogspot.com/search...32%20Bootloader
Good work, guest? didnt know ppl can post without register XD

i didnÄt know, too ;)it was me.so now my current status is:boot in max 15 secs, wooha, much faster than my one year old macbook pro...- sleep is working with the two kexts of sleep-fix-package here in the thread. - with this shutdown is working fine too, without extra-fix.- i added efi-graphics-string to boot-plist. ----> it runs qe/qi without nvinject!! just stock drivers from retail dvd i have a nvidia 8500gt pci-eBUT: i think its the latest problem, hehe, yes everything is running fine.i just get a signal on my screen when i use VGA.bootup with DVI let my display go off/standby when loginwindowapp.. starts.. any ideas?

i didnÄt know, too ;)it was me.so now my current status is:boot in max 15 secs, wooha, much faster than my one year old macbook pro...- sleep is working with the two kexts of sleep-fix-package here in the thread. - with this shutdown is working fine too, without extra-fix.- i added efi-graphics-string to boot-plist. ----> it runs qe/qi without nvinject!! just stock drivers from retail dvd i have a nvidia 8500gt pci-eBUT: i think its the latest problem, hehe, yes everything is running fine.i just get a signal on my screen when i use VGA.bootup with DVI let my display go off/standby when loginwindowapp.. starts.. any ideas?
No idea, I just use VGA @.@ mianos or jun ho, can you guys post the 132 bootloader? So I can put it in the tutorial for future members, and the need it kexts, thx alot...

ok one BIG problem in my system:File-Sharing (afp) and screen sharing is not working.screen sharing is completely dead. if i try to connect from my macbook pro, it times out.and filesharing is strange.from MBP side:- at first attemp i see my hackintosh- but it takes very long to connect...- it is possible to connect over finder(apple-key+k) > IP-address of hackintosh. it connects immediately an lists me the shares.from hackintos side:- i cannot "see" other shares on the network.- for this to test i took another notebook, an hp compaq 6720s and tried a retail-dvd-installation... hahaha, its working hahah (bluetooth and wifi worked out of the box)....-- Great Tip from me. Burn a boot-132 cd (standard or with a lot of diffrent kexts, there're a lot of different versions on the net)--- get a mac/hackintosh (i don't know a windows-tool, sorry) and the tool "Carbon Copy Cloner"---- i took an 8gb USB-Stick: ATTENTION: you have to remove a few files, cause its to small for the whole dvd. xCode-Tools/Languages/Optional-Installs/Printer-Drivers/Additional-Fonts...----- Start Disk-Utility and partition your stick with 1-partition HFS-Journaled, IMPORTANT: go to options and select GPT-Table. Then use Carbon Copy Cloner to clone the Retail-DVD right to your Stick.----- boot with boot-132-cd and connected stick. as boot-medium you choose not ef/90 for cd, cause you want the stick, you choose one of the HDDs 80/81/82... just try... you will see, cause it has the name you gave as you formated with disk-utility------ the rest is standard. but so {censored}in much faster :angel:------ i think its possible with a harddisk, too. i will try :lol:- ok, back to topic. with the retail-notebook-installation i see the shares of my macbook pro. so i think its nothing missing/about the installation of the retail-dvd.- probably problems with ethernet-stings? i didn't se one...

thats realy strange...same for shared itunes library... it does not show my macbook pro...from other retail on osx86 installations it works fine.i don't know what it could be? cause in installation there is nothing you couldn't select about network.in preferences its strange behaviour... the services take long to start/stop or even not stop correctly.from finder its still no problem over "connect to server"-menu. doesn't matter from which side.

NETWORK-Problems (RETAIL-Installation) SOLVED!!!i installed this driver (see attachment)i didn't use the setup cause i want to keep my installation milli-vanilla ;)i copied the kext to the Extensions-folder of my efi-boot-partition. works fine.on gigabit switch with macbook pro i get transfer-rates upper 38 megabyte per second. yehaa.