MacBook Problems

Colonel

8 posts in this topic

I've had my MacBook for about a month now, and man I like it. It's fast, has a camera, Front Row, and runs Windows. It does just about everything that I'd want my computer to do, but then it also does things that I'd never want a computer to do. My first day of having it I discovered the whine. Sure it was annoying, but I thought that should just ignore it and move on. That night after having it for a few hours I noticed the extreme heat problem. That was also very annoying and painful, but I lived with it. A few days later I noticed the moo. I could barely stand it after that, but still I continued to ignore it. Today, it started to discolor. I've just threw in the towel. I'm done. This discoloring, whining, mooing, scolding, "computer" is going back. I'm going to hopefuly get it replaced with a working one. I hope the new one won't have these problems. Ugh...

Here's a snapshot of CoreDuoTemp. I'm starting to wonder if it's going to start a fire...

cookbookcq6.png

Guest Guest

Yep, my iMac a few years back had major problems: dimming monitor, failing to start-up after heating up abit. I was surfing the web to see what kinds of problems you new Intel owners were experiencing before I purchased a laptop. Sorry to hear your problems. HP is looking mighty good now.

My MBP generally gets to around 75-90C when maxed out(playing a game for example)...
That cannot be healthy for it at all... CPU's aren't meant to withstand temperatures like that. I reckon you will run into problems shortly down the line...

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Randallman

Has anyone had any problems with your MacBook freezing up in this manner: When shutting down my computer, I wait untill the screen turns blue and close it. Then the sleep light turns on, it looks like it is now asleep. So I then open the computer and hit the space bar (as you would do as if it is asleep) but the machine is froze. I am now on my second MacBook and this one has the same ploblem. I am extremely dissatisfied.. ????p.s. my computer gets very hot too

Here's a new problem to discuss, although others have described it on different sites. Have had the MacBook for < 2 months. The LCD screen stopped working yesterday. The power button turns on the apple logo light and makes the start-up sound, but no image is displayed. The lights for the caps and # lock buttons work, and the optical drive takes CDs/DVDs in, spins them, but doesn't do anything with them. The remote control doesn't make any difference.After a long time with phone tech support, the machine is going in for warranty work, and I'll be without it for about 10 days. Anyone else had this happen? I'm pretty disgusted with apple right now.

• 2 months later...
Has anyone had any problems with your MacBook freezing up in this manner: When shutting down my computer, I wait untill the screen turns blue and close it. Then the sleep light turns on, it looks like it is now asleep. So I then open the computer and hit the space bar (as you would do as if it is asleep) but the machine is froze. I am now on my second MacBook and this one has the same ploblem. I am extremely dissatisfied.. ????p.s. my computer gets very hot too
I have the same problem. It is terrible annoying. If you hold down the power button for about 5 seconds it will completely power down and the light will go off when you close the top. I also have the problem that the computer will randomly freeze, mouse and everything. Sometimes I am in the middle of typing an email, sometimes I step away to get a drink from the fridge, sometimes I'm surfing the internet and then poof...everything is frozen. I don't know what to do about it.