nVidia GeForce Go 7600 / 7800: Mountain Lion?

Rytz

4 posts in this topic

Hi:

I have a Gateway M685-E that I had running 10.7 Lion previously. I needed to redo the laptop from scratch (unrelated hackintosh problems). I now have 10.8 installed successfully but can't boot regularly. When I boot to safe mode, I can log in but afterwards I get a completely "grey" backdrop with a mouse cursor. It appears the system is running fine but there is an issue with the desktop being rendered. All my research points me to my graphics card not being configured.

My question is: has anyone successfully gotten the GeForce Go 7600 / 7800 working in Mountain Lion? The best thread I've seen so far is here:

http://www.insanelym...o/#entry1842802

I've read about NVEnabler in other places on the net but haven't tried it yet. Has anyone had success with it? I've tried all other command line options that I've read about. GraphicsEnabler, PCIRoot, SafeMode, Cache flags, etc. I haven't done any DSDT stuff yet. Can't do any DSDT editing yet because I can't get working graphics in regular or safe mode.

This is definitely going to be interesting since I'll be working in single-user mode until I can get some kind of graphics support in at least safe mode.

Thanks for any info.

• 3 years later...

What kext did you use for the 7800 in lion? I have a laptop with a 7800 and want to update it from leopard to lion.

All native kexts. (GeForce7xxx.kext, ..., NVDANV40HalG7xxx.kext, NVDAResmanG7xxx.kext)

You have to start system in 32bit mode and Inject->Nvidia=YES