iTunes 7: New Custom Skin by Me

15 posts in this topic

I've taken visual aspects from several iTunes 7 skins and created one skin that is more complete than the rest. I did this because every skin I've found so far has some areas where it fails to transform the app completely from the default style.

I guarantee, you won't find one speck of "matt blue" in this skin...

ituneslogoyq0.th.png ipodmanagerxj7.th.png musiclistzp9.th.png podcastsge3.th.png shuffleel8.th.png

Download

You need to edit iTunes.rsrc. It's very easy if you use ThemePark to edit it. It's literally a matter of dragging items out of the window to the desktop, editing them, and then dragging them back into ThemePark.

You can try the universal beta of ThemePark by getting it here: http://www.geekspiff.com/download.php?product=b_themepark

It works very well for a beta!

Sorry for being ignorant at this, but I've never messed with programs like this. Do you know which file in the rsrc file for iTunes is the file I'm looking for? The grayish background.

EDIT: Ok I found the files for the iPod window, but no luck on the Podcast and Party Shuffle windows.

so i looked into it, and i looks like it could take a while to do this for windows, maybe ill make a new zip for the windows install. its not really that difficult, its just that everything has different names.

EDIT: nevermind, the windows install uses dlls, so ya, i couldn't do this. maybe someone has enough skill to change it, idk.

TO edit DLL's, you could use ResHack. But it is kinda tedious, to export each image, edit it and then put it back in. Also I am not sure about editing stuff not as pictures. i.e. Colors

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...