search for colors in rhapsody (on Parallels)

Suzuka

12 posts in this topic

The color shots are of OPENSTEP 4.2 with Patch 4 applied... not Rhapsody.

Parallels uses a VESA based graphics card, there are no drivers for that for Rhapsody (which came out in 1998). Patch 4 for OPENSTEP 4.2 (which includes the Y2K patch) included VESA drivers.

And no, the drivers from OPENSTEP don't work with Rhapsody (its already been tried by a number of people).

The color shots are of OPENSTEP 4.2 with Patch 4 applied... not Rhapsody.

Parallels uses a VESA based graphics card, there are no drivers for that for Rhapsody (which came out in 1998). Patch 4 for OPENSTEP 4.2 (which includes the Y2K patch) included VESA drivers.

And no, the drivers from OPENSTEP don't work with Rhapsody (its already been tried by a number of people).

thanks... and i cant wait to try out openstep 4.2 :)

max

thanks... and i cant wait to try out openstep 4.2 :)

It is a great OS. And there are a lot of apps that have been donated to the community too (which you can find on the applications page of my NeXT site).

You can find Patch 4 for OPENSTEP here.

Here are a few shots of my ThinkPad running OPENSTEP...

And I have some more screenshots here.

It is a great OS. And there are a lot of apps that have been donated to the community too (which you can find on the applications page of my NeXT site).

You can find Patch 4 for OPENSTEP here.

Here are a few shots of my ThinkPad running OPENSTEP...

And I have some more screenshots here.

'

thanks racerx, i have been curious about that os for a whial... i finially located a copy too :)

max

Ahh NEXT/OPENSTEP was a real beauty of a system. I remember seeing a few NeXTSTATIONS on campus before they got chucked away in favor of Windows NT 4.0 (and they never got back to me on my offers to buy one!). sighhh

Well I got an old P133 motherboard here, I'm sure I can somehow cobble up something in the next 11 days before my departure and try out OPENSTEP again.. if I'm not too lazy or freaked out.