Realtek RTL8105E only 10Mbps ..any chance for 100Mbps ?

Scellow

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I get working the RTL8105E with official driver but it works only in 10Mbps .. so it's a little bit slow ..

Anyone find how to get the 100Mbps mode working ?

Q0t2tBH.png

Here is the driver i used (it work on 10.8.3 and older)

Plus i found the datasheet pdf if someone can make something with driver file :)

RTGNICv2.0.6For10.7.zip

A01-RTL8105EVC-F(RTL8105E_Datasheet_1 4.pdf

Hi, thanks for your reply, i already tried the 8111 driver but without sucess :/

I just brought this usb to rj45 adaptater on ebay :

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/USB-Ethernet-RJ45-Network-Lan-Adapter-for-XP-win-7-Mac-/290882360450?pt=FR_Informatique_Reseaux_Autres&hash=item43b9f09482#ht_1455wt_1399

They say it work on mac, i hope it'll work on my hackintosh. This could help me until i can found an proper driver for my 8105E

There's not yet a proper driver: i am in the same boat as yours. There's a driver for it in Linux, though, so it's possible that someone skilled enough port it to OSX.

Perhaps you should talk with Slice: he made a driver that theoretically could be enhanced to also support the 8105E.

All the best!

• Like 1

Hi thanks for your reply too :)

I think the best to do is to rearrange the official driver for the 8105E, since it work fine, we could do some arrangement to make the 100Mbps works. I think it's the easier solution to do

I'm not familiar with coding so for me it would be a pain to try .. ^^, i'll pm Slice as you suggered, i'll try to do my best but my english isn't perfect :/

EDIT:

As you seen i found the datasheet document so i think it's doable :)

I am the one who needs to thank you!

Before seing your topic, i was really not aware of a working solution for the 8105E, even less of an official driver. I just installed it and set it up at 10MB/Half-duplex and, voilà, my onboard lan finally works after almost 10 months of hackintoshing on this machine (AMD CPU, ECS motherboard). Since i use the ethernet only for internet connection, and never for hi-speed data transfer between my computers, a 10MB connection is just enough, because the speed of my internet broadband is exactly 10MB. Now i regret i didn't find this driver earlier, as i decided to buy a RLT8168 pci-e card and this, given the dimensions of my motherboard and placement of the pci-e lanes, have always prevented me to have a better GPU (i use a HD 5450 and i'm rather satisfied, don't get me wrong, but i'd rather gone with a HD 4890 if i had the space that my RLT lan card stole from me). From now on, i have to live with the fact i have two working ethernet ports. :P Perhaps i end up setting a point-to-point local network after all.

All the best!

I'm happy to know i helped you :) , i found this driver after hours of search ^^"

10Mbps is still correct for surfing but it's 1/3 of my real internet connection :/