Hamoda

11 posts in this topic

Hello there

I've HP DV6-6C50Se notebook with these specs:

• Microprocessor: 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7-2670QM, Sandybridge
  • Microprocessor Cache: 6 MB L3 cache
  • Memory: 4 GB DDR3 (not 1333)
  • Memory Max: Supports up to 8 GB DDR3
  • Video Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7690M XT (2 GB DDR5 dedicated)
  • Display: 39,6 cm (15,6") HD LED BrightView (1366 x 768) ()
  • Hard Drive: 750 GB SATA
  • Multimedia Drive: SuperMulti DVD±R/RW with Double Layer Support
  • Network Card: Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
  • Wireless Connectivity: Bluetooth with WiDi, Intel 802.11 b/g/n
  • Sound: Beats Audio
  • Keyboard: Full size with integrated numeric keypad
  • Pointing Device: TouchPad with on/off button and support for multitouch gestures
  • PC Card Slots: Multi-Format Digital Media Card Reader

I've Mac OS X Lion 10.7.dmg image, to install it I've followed this guide:

http://www.insanelym...-for-beginners/

But I can't install it at all, every time it shows a message in 4 languages to shutdown the computer by holding down the power button.

Hint: I choose Mac Pro (8,3) from Chameleon wizard which is compatible with my notebook specs except the RAM which is not 1333 on mine.

So any one could help me, or at least tell me what is the problem?

That is called a "kernel panic". In order to diagnose the cause, you will need to use verbose boot which will enable boot logging and additional error logging after boot as well. Use -v flag at the bootloader prompt to enable verbose boot and if/when it kernel panics again, take a picture with camera and post it for any help. until then....I dunno what's wrong any more than you do.

That is called a "kernel panic". In order to diagnose the cause, you will need to use verbose boot which will enable boot logging and additional error logging after boot as well. Use -v flag at the bootloader prompt to enable verbose boot and if/when it kernel panics again, take a picture with camera and post it for any help. until then....I dunno what's wrong any more than you do.

Thanks for the quick response, note that this error message contains no details, it's just the Power logo with 4 messages but I'll attach a picture of it as soon as I finish my work.

Now lets move to the verbose boot, you know I'm a newbie here and I appreciate any more details or tutorials for this.

I don't need to see "please restart your computer" in multiple languages :) verbose boot first, then take picture if it happens again (you won't get the same "restart" screen but instead a crash log will be stuck on the screen this time). to verbose boot, start computer and the first screen that loads after the BIOS where it says something about booting Mac OSX and maybe a short timer before it will continue on....type -v and hit enter. If that sounds complicated, it's OK, but please do a little reading up on the basics before you continue.

BTW, not sure that your AMD GPU can be made to work, but if so, it will require OSX 10.8.3. Any older version is guaranteed not to support AMD 7xxxx series graphics

Hi, Hamoda!

First of all, you'll never run 10.7 on your laptop, because of the AMD 7xxx graphics. Try Mountain Lion 10.8.3 (yes, only 10.8.3 started support for it). You'll have to turn off the integrated HD3000 in the BIOS: if there's not such an option, you're out of luck. That said, what a wonderful portable do you have! :D

All the best!

I don't need to see "please restart your computer" in multiple languages :) verbose boot first, then take picture if it happens again (you won't get the same "restart" screen but instead a crash log will be stuck on the screen this time). to verbose boot, start computer and the first screen that loads after the BIOS where it says something about booting Mac OSX and maybe a short timer before it will continue on....type -v and hit enter. If that sounds complicated, it's OK, but please do a little reading up on the basics before you continue.

BTW, not sure that your AMD GPU can be made to work, but if so, it will require OSX 10.8.3. Any older version is guaranteed not to support AMD 7xxxx series graphics

Hi, Hamoda!

First of all, you'll never run 10.7 on your laptop, because of the AMD 7xxx graphics. Try Mountain Lion 10.8.3 (yes, only 10.8.3 started support for it). You'll have to turn off the integrated HD3000 in the BIOS: if there's not such an option, you're out of luck. That said, what a wonderful portable do you have! :D

All the best!

Actually my GPU is AMD Radeon 7690M XT, but it's essentially based on 6700 series, any way I followed the following:

]Navigate to /System/Library/Extensions on your install USB and copy ATi6000Controller to your folder of essential kexts. Delete ATi6000Controller from /S/L/E. Install OS X (note: you will only have basic graphics support). Install the ATi6000Controller kext using kext utility after install (at the end of step 4) and reboot.[/b]

post-1028791-0-58449700-1363809597_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi friends. I am having HP Pavilion dv6-6165tx laptop

RAM = 4GB , HDD = 750GB, Intel core i7-2670QM CPU @2.20GHz (64-bit processor), AMD Radeon HD 6770QM Graphics Card

Now I am using Windows 7 Home Premium. I want to install MAC OS X LION on my laptop but I tried to install it many times I got Kernel Panic and boot log error.

I try to install it using various kernel flags for iATKOS_L2 (MAC  OS X LION 10.7) then I go for installation but when I go for first boot I got ERROR message as Unsupported Card

I have MAC OS X LION, iATKOS_L2, MAC OS X Snow Leopard Downloaded disc,

Now

Please any one tell me that complete way to install MAC OS X LION on mine.

Hi friends . Please tell me whether my laptop with this specifications can be compatible with this or not?

If it is compatible then tell me the complete steps to install MAC OS X LION on my laptop. I would like to dual boot mac with windows. Please help me?

Product Name                                                  HP Pavilion dv6-6165tx

Product Number                                              A3D56PA

Microprocessor                                               2.20 GHz Intel Core i7-2670M (Quad Core)

Chipset                                                           Intel Sandy Bridge

SouthBridge                                                    Intel HM65

Microprocessor Cache                                   6 MB SmartCache Intel AVX

Memory                                                         4 GB PC3-10600 DDR3-1333 (10667MB/s)

Memory Max                                                  Upgrade to 8 GB (2SODIMM Slots)

BIOS                                                             Brand - HP
                                                                     Version - F.1B

Processor Instructions                                 MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3,SSSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, EM64T, VT-x, AES, AVX

Video Graphics                                           ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6770M (2 GB Discrete Ultra fast GDDR5 Memory)

Display                                                        39.2 cm (15,6") High-Definition LED Backlit Widescreen
                                                                   1366 x 768 HD (720p) - 16:9 True Wide Aspect Ratio

Hard Drive                                                  750 GB SATA (150 MB/sec @5400 rpm)
                                                                  HP Protectsmart HDD protection

Multimedia Drive                                        8X SuperMulti DVD±R/RW with Double Layer Support

Network Card                                             Integrated 10/100/1000 BASE-T Ethernet LAN

Wireless LAN                                             Ralink RT5390 (Integrated) 802.11 b/g/n Wifi Adapter

PAN                                                           Integrated Bluetooth 3.0 +HS

Audio/Sound                                             Beats Audio with high Highest Quality Sound
                                                                 High Definition Audio
                                                                 Quad Speakers

Keyboard                                                  Dura-coat island-style Keyboard with numeric keypad

Pointing Device                                         TouchPad supporting Multi-Touch gestures support (pinch & scroll)and ON/OFF button

PC Card Slots                                           Multi-Format Digital Media Card Reader - SD, SD-HC,SDXC (UHS 104 Support), MMC

External Ports                                           1 HDMI v1.4 with HDCP Key
                                                                 1 VGA out
                                                                 2 Headphone-out
                                                                 1 Microphone-in
                                                                 2 USB 2.0
                                                                 2 USB 3.0
                                                                 1 RJ45

Security                                                     Fingerprint Reader
                                                                  Kensington Lock Slot

Dimensions                                               1.23/1.39 x 14.88 x 9.71 inches

Weight                                                      2.63 kgs/5.78 lbs

Power                                                       120W AC Power Adapter

Battery                                                      6-cell Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion) battery

Webcam                                                   HP TrueVision Low Light HD Webcam - 1290 x 720 by 24 Frames
                                                                 Dual Digital Microphones

• 2 weeks later...

Buy Mountain Lion in the App Store and follow one of the guides here. Use the search function or try to follow this guide: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-including-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners/?hl=%20guide%20%20for%20%20beginners

Please read first the pinned topics in the "New Users Lounge"! If you have problems with installing, you can ask in a apropriate topic or start one in the correct section.

I think, your are on the wrong platform to get a complete support for IATKOS installs.

Have fun!