Fixing DSDT file for a HP 8770w

sagey

17 posts in this topic

Hello,

Wonder if anyone can help, I have installed macosx on a second drive and I can succesfully use it (using it now) but I think I need to resinstall with a patched DSDT as I have no wifi/sound etc, and the only way I can start it is to use the pendrive as a booter (chimera put it into a panic)

anyhow, last night I had a bit of breakthrough on fixing the DSDT( as yet unpatched) as it's a bit buggy with 8 errors. I fixed all but two and I can't see where to fix these.

this is a tricky bit which seems to cause an issue

If (LEqual (Local0, 0x01))

{

VFN4

}

I know that it should be VFN4 (), but when I do this the compile brings a whole heap of warning s,comments annd goes up to 4 errors ?

also I have this;

23315 Error

syntax error, unexpected $end and premature End-Of-File

and I can't see why this is happening, had a check to make sure all braces are balanced etc, but no solution.

Can anyone point me in the right direction or fix the file ? that would be much appreciated - please see attached (hope it's in the right format, as I'm not sure how to export the aml file other than copying the text or saving as dls, as the option to export is greyed out until I compile successfully. All attached.

I notice when I look at a hp probook dsdt to compare and give me an idea for syntax errors, in theirs alot of the time Zero is used instead of 0x00 and One is used instead of 0x01, would that make a difference?

also quite a few of blocks seem to be commented out ? e.g. in Scope _GPE folder has a backslash on my elitebook dsdt.

My plan is once i have a less buggy dsdt, patch all the ivy bridge patches (not sure if i need them all, but I can't find any pre-built elitebook 8770w patches, so figured ivybridge quad core i patches would suit?)

once I have that patched dsdt I guess I need to resinatall with the new dsdt?

Thanks for looking.

dsdt-8770w.zip

Hi,

Thanks very much for looking - I saved out the dsdt using the dsdt fixer, rather than the dsdt editor so I have the orginal dsdt file here now+the error report.

My issues at the moment are what seems to be common issues (wifi, graphics, sound etc) which I hope will go away once I apply all the patches for i7 ivy bridge using dsdt editor, but it's just getting it error free at the mo.

I also have an issue having to boot off a pendrive using graphicsenabler=no as a flag - but I'm hoping I'll have more success sorting chimera once the patches are all on etc (it had a panic when I installed last time which i suspect is graphics)

anyhow please see attached - the spec is;

http://h20386.www2.h...detail=P263208

Much appreciated,

Thanks

dsdt.zip

If i understand right, you extracted the DSDT in OS X?

Do you have any other operating system installed?

For Windows, you can follow this guide: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK8sHsQ-76Q

For Ubuntu: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yzdHz3PsvpjG2Qr9ptBaxdBldgscXVnCE2Ux0Laqdpo/edit?pli=1

The reason i ask you to do this, is because OS X can not extract the DSDT information directly from the bios. This way you will end up with a DSDT which has uncommon errors, and is missing crucial information.

Sorry for the trouble.

Hi, no problem at all - I watched the vid and extracted the dsdt on w8 (it's my primary os, I have installed a secondary drive in the expansion bay inside for mountain lion)

I quickly ran it in the dsdt editor in ML, it's the exact same 8 errors I was getting before I tinkered and got it down to 1/2, so I'm wondering if it's something in the actual bios file, i did update a while back and it was fully up to date.

Anyhow here's the orginal dsdt extracted, do you need the ssdt files ? there were around 8 or 9 so I grabbed them all - but I'm pretty sure only one is probably needed (going off the vid).

Thanks

dsdt.aml.zip

Got it down to zero errors.

Replaced the L02 method with this:

Method (_L02, 0, NotSerialized)
       {
           Store (Zero, GPEC)
       }

1 Warning left, i have no idea on how to fix that one. The warning should not give any problems.

I have applied no patches, only removed the errors and warnings that came up.

DSDT_8770.aml.zip

Hi, that's brilliant, thanks very much!

The way I was going to progress now was patch the dsdt in ml using dsdt editor, save that then resinatll fresh ml using the ##### pen drive booter I created, to make sure I have introduced any problems earlier with messing around with ##### etc.

then I was going to run ##### and apply the dsdt, using chimera as a boot option.

using just ##### will get me a ml install that's not too bad, as long as I use the flag GraphicsEnabler=No, but alot of the functions of the laptop are missing hence using the dsdt route.

Does all that sound right or is there a better way to apply the dsdt fix after installing using #####?

Thanks

Hi, just read the links, if there is an alternative way to get ML onto my second drive and have dual boot, and use the dsdt that would be great - I'd be happy to follow that way. Thanks

Please read this: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279451-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/

Use MyHack to create a custom installer, you can add custom files while the installer is being created.

And glad the problem is solved.

But why reinstall? You can place the DSDT in the Extra folder, reboot, and you should be good :)

Hi, Great I'll have a read - I thought I may have to resintall as I ran ##### before with some limited options, and just wondering by doing that I may have overwritten some kexts or something, so thought might be best to start afresh so I know i'm starting off from a good point. I'd would rather not have to reinstall though.

Thanks

I'll post the finsihed dsdt back up if all is good after patching, if that's ok with the forum ? At the mo I'm planning on using the olarilla patches.

Thanks

• Like 1

Go ahead, perhaps it can help another user with the same system, and again, please follow the link i provided.

Discussion of TonyMac tools is prohibited on this forum.

Good luck with the system, if you need any more help, just post it in this topic :)

Hi, I created the myhack installer and it installs ML but without trackpad, audio etc but the pressing one is the internet; It doesn't recognise the internet or the dvd so I can't get my dsdt on there - is there a way to enable the ethernet to get recognised/working ? (I tried EthernetBuiltIn as a flag)

Thanks

At this point, some more information about your system is needed. In Windows, check under device manager, and write down the ethernet/wifi/audio/video details. :)

Thank you.

Make a backup of the original file, if present.

Trackpad attached. Install it to /System/Library/Extensions using Kext Wizard or Kext Utility.

ApplePS2Controller.kext.zip

Hi, thanks - this is what I have in device manager;

intel 82579lm gigabit network

intel centrino ® advanced -n 6205

idt high definition audio

nvidia high definition audio

nvidia quadro k 3000m

I'll get kext wizard installed, thanks for the tip!

Lan attached.

The wifi will never work, at least, not anytime soon. Best to buy a replacement card or usb wifi, starts from 5 dollar on ebay.

For the audio, install VoodooHDA, remove the AppleHDA from /System/Library/Extensions. (When the sound is recognized, we can look for a more native sollution)

About the video, no idea, use the search on the right top corner :)

AppleIntelE1000e.kext.zip

Thanks for all the help - I now have ml booting via chameleon without a usb, and after installing a bunch of kexts, ethernet, trackpad is working, not sure if I need to do anything about video it's looking ok no flikering. Not sure if a soloution would give a better resolution perhaps.

Audio not working, but going to try voodooHda tommorow (up to donwload limit on the osx86 site) I tried voodoohda before, but wasn't working - since then though I have done quite a bit, so I'll download again and see if it changes anything.

dropped dsdt in extras folder,installed all kexts into system/extenstions folder (not extras)

put graphics enabler=No in boot.plist in extras

had an issue with the USB, which was sorted by replacing the kext.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Hi, thanks - this is what I have in device manager;

intel 82579lm gigabit network

intel centrino ® advanced -n 6205

idt high definition audio

nvidia high definition audio

nvidia quadro k 3000m

I'll get kext wizard installed, thanks for the tip!

Hi Sagey,

Do you know if your K3000m is working with the NVidia driver?

I've got a Dell M6700 that also has a K3000m but I can't get it to work. I suspect it's because the integrated HD4000 isn't completely disabled when Optimus is switched off in the BIOS. It could also be that the NVidia driver doesn't support it yet. If it's working with acceleration on your 8770w then it has to be a problem with Optimus. It would be really helpful if you could post a saved .ioreg file from IORegisteryExplorer. Maybe comparing it to the M6700 will let me see why it's not working.

Thanks,

Tim.