HP Envy 17t-3200 - Install and Run OS X/macOS

mnfesq

422 posts in this topic

Well, based on your GetDump output, you do have all of your speakers working.  Try deleting the patch with config 0x92180160 and node 14, you should still hear your top speakers (config=0x92180150, node=16)  when you select the Multi audio device. For reasons I haven't figured out, the top and bottom speakers only work as a single device and the bottom speakers are much louder than the top.  If you remove the bottom speaker functionality, you should still hear the top speakers.  If not, we'll have to figure out why it looks like it's working but isn't.  

Here's a test version with only front and top speakers enabled.  See if you get both sets of speakers working (but not the subwoofers/bottom speakers).

attachicon.gifVoodooHDA.kext.zip

Ran the GetDump utility after replacing the kext. Without node 14, the bottom and subwoofer are still functional.

No output from the top speakers.

Like you mentioned the volume from the top ones might be quite low, I can't hear a thing.

Thanks

Terminal Saved Output-Get Dump.zip

Ran the GetDump utility after replacing the kext. Without node 14, the bottom and subwoofer are still functional.

No output from the top speakers.

Like you mentioned the volume from the top ones might be quite low, I can't hear a thing.

Thanks

I tried it out myself to make sure I was giving you good advice.  I had both Multi devices after rebooting but got rid of the subwoofers by rebuilding caches.  You HAVE to do that when you modify kexts for the modifications to work.  As long as you are modding the same kext, cache doesn't recognize the changes and will just use the old version in your cache.

That said, I made a few more changes to the kext in order to get better volume control.  Once you get all your speakers working, I will show you the changes I just made.

I tried it out myself to make sure I was giving you good advice.  I had both Multi devices after rebooting but got rid of the subwoofers by rebuilding caches.  You HAVE to do that when you modify kexts for the modifications to work.  As long as you are modding the same kext, cache doesn't recognize the changes and will just use the old version in your cache.

That said, I made a few more changes to the kext in order to get better volume control.  Once you get all your speakers working, I will show you the changes I just made.

Taking the advice, i rebuilt the cache and have rebooted.

When using AppleHDA.kext only the top speakers would work. The bottom ad subwoofer were dead.

With VoodooHDA.kext the bottom and subwoofer work. The top is dead. :wallbash:

Sigh!! How i wish we could combine the two kexts and get a solution. :unsure:

Rebuilt Cache.zip

post-1704355-0-35891900-1494226023_thumb.png

Get Dump.zip

post-1704355-0-41379900-1494226905_thumb.png

AppleHDA.kext.zip

You've lost me.  Maybe it was just too late in the night to be working on this stuff.  The kext I uploaded last night (with the gray tag) is not intended to make everything work.  It was intended to isolate only the top speakers.  I think you may also be confused about what speakers you have.  You have 6 speakers, not 4.  There are 2 front speakers (which are on the front edge of the laptop below the trackpad) 2 top speakers (above the keyboard where the power button is) and 2 bottom speakers (the subwoofers located next to the hard drive bays/battery on the underside of the laptop.). The analog speaker device is the front speakers only.  The 2 devices that you need to activate by using the VoodooHDA patch are the top and bottom speakers.  I can't really tell what works and what doesn't from your descriptions because it doesn't seem that you know all that much about modifying the macOS operating system.    The GetDump report you posted above shows that you isolated the top speaker patch.  When you select the multi device do you get any audio at any volume level?  If it works, you should hear audio when you turn it all the way up.  If not, you need a new patch for the top speakers.  If you go back to the old VoodooHDA I uploaded (with the red tag) you should at least get front and bottom speakers which should both play together with a multi-output device.

Once you have confirmed that you do not have top speakers working and that your set up is otherwise correct, we can try changing the node from 16 to 15.  It may also be that we will need to change the config code as well but we need to do this one step at a time and each change you make requires you to rebuild the cache and reboot.  The ultimate patch you use will be specific to your laptop only so some experimentation will be required.  It is unlikely that anyone has ever done what you want to do on your laptop model.  I have tried to help others with this and they have all given up before finding a solution.  It took me 2 weeks to get my patch right but I have enjoyed beats audio with macOS for several years since then.  You cannot combine AppleHDA and VoodooHDA.  You have to pick one.  But like I said, no one has gotten all the HP Envy speakers to work with AppleHDA.  To my knowledge, I am the only person to do it at all, and I used VoodooHDA.

Here's what I can tell you about your top speakers.  If they do not work by patching node 16, the other possible alternatives are nodes 15, 31 and 32.  I think 31 and 32 are for HDMI but I can't be sure so you may need to try those.  As far as the config goes, the code you need to start with is 0x92180160.  The only number that gets changed is the second to last digit (now 6.). Currently, 1 and 5 are already in use and, if you are correct, 6 does not work.  Therefore, you have to experiment using 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, and 9.  And when you change the config, you need to try using each config with each node (i.e., 15, 16, 31 and 32.). Clearly, this will take you some time until you get the right combination.  It really helps if you have a solid state drive (shortens the time for reboot considerably.)  If you have the time and determination, you should be able to find your solution.

One last thing, since I don't want to be responsible for screwing you up.  I gave you a beta version of VoodooHDA 2.9.0.  In prior versions, I would change all of the fixes from False to True.  In this version, volume worked much better for me if I left EnableMuteFix and EnableVolumeChangeFix as False.  Before you do any further experimenting, I would change those 2 fixes from True to False.  Then see if it changes anything for you.  If you still don't have top speaker function, begin the experimentation process.  Good luck.

EDIT:  I downloaded the service manual for your laptop and see that our speakers are located in different locations and that you may only have 5 speakers and not 6.  You have 2 speakers on top near the power button, 2 speakers on the underside of your laptop near the front (i.e. underneath the palm rest) and 1 subwoofer located on the underside of the laptop near the battery.  So that we use the same terminology, let's call your bottom speakers near the front the front speakers.  The top speakers are obviously the top speakers and the subwoofer is the subwoofer.  If I understand you correctly, the top speakers don't work but the front speakers and subwoofer work.  What speakers play when you select only the Analog speaker device?  For me, it is only the front speakers.  If AppleHDA plays the top speakers, they may be your default device and not the front speakers like mine.  Be sure you have correctly created the multi-output device to see if you can get all 3 audio devices to play.

The GetDump report you posted above shows that you isolated the top speaker patch.  When you select the multi device do you get any audio at any volume level?  If it works, you should hear audio when you turn it all the way up.  If not, you need a new patch for the top speakers.  If you go back to the old VoodooHDA I uploaded (with the red tag) you should at least get front and bottom speakers which should both play together with a multi-output device.

Affirmed.

The top speakers do not work with the Grey tagged VoodooHDA. When multi device is selected, i get audio from the subwoofer. 

I will try the red tagged one and post the results also. The last i remember using it, it was the subwoofer that worked. The top speakers were isolated. Will re-run and repost.

Once you have confirmed that you do not have top speakers working and that your set up is otherwise correct, we can try changing the node from 16 to 15.  It may also be that we will need to change the config code as well but we need to do this one step at a time and each change you make requires you to rebuild the cache and reboot.

I can confirm that the top ones aren't functioning with VooodooHDA(El Capitan 10.11.6)

I have Mavericks installed on another partition and only the top speakers work. Using AppleHDA with Mavericks.

Hopefully trying node 15 will bear some alternative results :)

Here's what I can tell you about your top speakers.  If they do not work by patching node 16, the other possible alternatives are nodes 15, 31 and 32.  I think 31 and 32 are for HDMI but I can't be sure so you may need to try those.  As far as the config goes, the code you need to start with is 0x92180160.  The only number that gets changed is the second to last digit (now 6.). Currently, 1 and 5 are already in use and, if you are correct, 6 does not work.  Therefore, you have to experiment using 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, and 9.  And when you change the config, you need to try using each config with each node (i.e., 15, 16, 31 and 32.). Clearly, this will take you some time until you get the right combination.  It really helps if you have a solid state drive (shortens the time for reboot considerably.)  If you have the time and determination, you should be able to find your solution.

Thinking upon the same lines.

Presently reading through articles that create a dump in linux, then patch the nodes along with config identification. 

https://roghackintosh.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=vpsn5eqm78d0jt11ih09keajj1&topic=56.0

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/283754-patched-applehdakext-for-codecs-idt-92hd81b1x5-92hd91bxx-92hd87b13-92hd87b24-92hd87xx-etc/page-1?hl=295001

Will read through today and try doing it one step at a time.

I do have an SSD so the boot time is about 10-20 seconds.

One last thing, since I don't want to be responsible for screwing you up.  I gave you a beta version of VoodooHDA 2.9.0.  In prior versions, I would change all of the fixes from False to True.  In this version, volume worked much better for me if I left EnableMuteFix and EnableVolumeChangeFix as False.  Before you do any further experimenting, I would change those 2 fixes from True to False.  Then see if it changes anything for you.  If you still don't have top speaker function, begin the experimentation process.  Good luck.

This my friend, I'll leave for afterwards. 

Let's get the top speakers working first  :D

Thanks for taking the time out and writing that lengthy post. 

I'm sure troubleshooting for others requires a lot a patience. :thanks_speechbubble:

EDIT: After going through the attached links, I've managed to understand how the config for the nodes are numbered.

Makes it easier than experimenting with the second last number of the config.

As we can see from the verbs and graph, nodes 14,15 & 16 have their respective configs that have been attained in the modified verbs sections of the .txt file.

The graphical representation shows that node 16 ( 0x10 ) is a mono out speaker. This I think is the Subwoofer. Since it is functioning with the nodes to patch section of the grey tagged VoodooHDA.kext that you'd recommended.

Nodes 14 and 15 ( 0x0e,0x0f) are graphically shown as Stereo IN OUT EAPD Detect.

I think we have to try editing the nodes to patch sections between 14 and 15 to see what activates the top speakers since the front ones are functional and node 16 is being patched.

You'd also mentioned the same in the previous post. So I will add node 15 to the present kext and revert back with the status.

Its been a good learning curve till now.

Cheers

Verbs and Pins.zip

The graphical representation shows that node 16 ( 0x10 ) is a mono out speaker. This I think is the Subwoofer. Since it is functioning with the nodes to patch section of the grey tagged VoodooHDA.kext that you'd recommended.

OK, so now you can say with pretty good confidence that node 13 is the front speakers and node 16 is the subwoofer.  That just leaves the top speakers.  Try using this kext to isolate the top speakers in Device Multi.

VoodooHDA.zip

This version is tagged purple.  It only has a patch for node 14.  The config is 0x92180160.  See if this isolates your top speakers and makes them functional.***  I realize from my own system that there is some audio leakage, meaning that audio from the top speakers comes out the bottom and vice versa.  You may hear some audio from the top speakers come out the bottom but it will be a midrange and not a hard bass.  If you aren't sure, select some audio that has a hard bass line and see if it sounds rather mild.  If so, these are the midrange speakers playing the bass.  Likewise, when you have the subwoofer working, you'll hear it because the bass sound is much more substantial.

One last thing.  This version has the corrected settings for the volume and mute fixes.

***EDIT:  I was unable to get my top speakers to work alone.  They only work along with the subwoofer.  GetDump shows the speaker and I can adjust the volume with the controller but no sound comes out of the speakers.  I guess that's why I cannot control the audio from these two devices separately and am required to put both the subwoofer and the top speakers into a single device.

OK, so now you can say with pretty good confidence that node 13 is the front speakers and node 16 is the subwoofer.  That just leaves the top speakers.  Try using this kext to isolate the top speakers in Device Multi.

attachicon.gifVoodooHDA.zip

This version is tagged purple.  It only has a patch for node 14.  The config is 0x92180160.  See if this isolates your top speakers and makes them functional.***  I realize from my own system that there is some audio leakage, meaning that audio from the top speakers comes out the bottom and vice versa.  You may hear some audio from the top speakers come out the bottom but it will be a midrange and not a hard bass.  If you aren't sure, select some audio that has a hard bass line and see if it sounds rather mild.  If so, these are the midrange speakers playing the bass.  Likewise, when you have the subwoofer working, you'll hear it because the bass sound is much more substantial.

One last thing.  This version has the corrected settings for the volume and mute fixes.

***EDIT:  I was unable to get my top speakers to work alone.  They only work along with the subwoofer.  GetDump shows the speaker and I can adjust the volume with the controller but no sound comes out of the speakers.  I guess that's why I cannot control the audio from these two devices separately and am required to put both the subwoofer and the top speakers into a single device.

Okay I think we're both on the same page now :-)

I've loaded the latest kext you uploaded. Confirm that only the bottom/front speakers are working.

There is no evident sound leak between the bottom/front speakers and the top speakers.

I do get another device called multi in the output section of the Sound Preferences. On selecting it however, there is no audio output that can be heard. The only audio output i get is from the analog speakers(bottom/front speakers)

Audio Midi shows the Multi Output as " 2 Out". Maybe this is the Subwoofer and Top Speakers Combined??? 

Archive.zip

Okay I think we're both on the same page now :-)

I've loaded the latest kext you uploaded. Confirm that only the bottom/front speakers are working.

There is no evident sound leak between the bottom/front speakers and the top speakers.

I do get another device called multi in the output section of the Sound Preferences. On selecting it however, there is no audio output that can be heard. The only audio output i get is from the analog speakers(bottom/front speakers)

Audio Midi shows the Multi Output as " 2 Out". Maybe this is the Subwoofer and Top Speakers Combined??? 

This is what happened to me when I tested the purple-tagged kext I posted last night.  The device shows up but it doesn't work.  For me, the device only works in combination with the subwoofer, which I have at node 16.  Here is the VoodooHDA that I am using in my laptop.  It has a red tag.  If it doesn't make all of your devices work, you will need to experiment in the manner I described yesterday.

VoodooHDA.zip

This is what happened to me when I tested the purple-tagged kext I posted last night.  The device shows up but it doesn't work.  For me, the device only works in combination with the subwoofer, which I have at node 16.  Here is the VoodooHDA that I am using in my laptop.  It has a red tag.  If it doesn't make all of your devices work, you will need to experiment in the manner I described yesterday.

attachicon.gifVoodooHDA.zip

I think this kext is the same as the initial one that you had uploaded.

I'm tinkering upon adding node 15 for patching.

The rest kext has the same result, front and subwoofer work.

Top speakers no output.

While on the linux partition, I had to patch the audio as well.

The guide is https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/17sov5/howto_beats_audio_hp_laptop_speakers_on/

Here I read that the top speakers are " Step 6: Remap 0x0f ("Not connected" but is the under-display speakers) to "Internal speaker""

0 x 0f being node 15 in the verbs.txt file.

All I need is to identify to config pin for node 15.

I'll experiment and get back to you.

Thanks again

• 2 months later...

Problem solved with VT, was a problem with instant wake, patched with DSDT patch USB3 _PRW 0x0D, removed dart=0

Hi cicetto.  I want to thank you for posting this.  When I started experimenting with High Sierra, I ran into problems and, suddenly, my BT no longer worked after wake from sleep and then, even worse, I got instant wake when trying to put my laptop to sleep.  I made some changes to my DSDT when I switched to RehabMan's PCIID.kext to get wifi working (I think it makes wifi speeds better.)  I'm not sure what other changes I made but, in order to solve my problems, I reverted to BIOS F08, I used the DSDT you edited for me, and I deleted the 3 entries of 0x0D in _PRW for ECH01, ECH02 and XHC.  Now my laptop is happy running Sierra again.  I can put High Sierra to sleep but it freezes on wake.  I'll keep working on that but I've noticed similar complaints from real Mac owners with MBP models using the MBP9,2 SMBIOS.  I also experimented with SMBIOS MBP10,1 but it didn't work as well and I really don't need the power nap feature that starts with 10,1.

It's a pleasure, you did much more for me!!

Attach your dsdt and let me see if I can help you.

But I'm still on 10.13.3

I'm in good shape for now.  Let me know when you try running High Sierra.  My problem with that is waking from sleep.  It freezes up when it wakes from sleep.  Otherwise, it's running very well.

I have seen a great deal of discussion lately about xcpm power management and decided to give it a try.  My reason for doing so is not because I was having any problems with power management in Sierra.  To the contrary, it is been very good and I created a new ssdt.aml using the newest version of ssdtPRGen that gave me 6 P-States and worked really well.

However, it appears that xcpm is the wave of the future and I don't like to fall behind the learning curve too far.  So I got xcpm working and I have no complaints.  In fact, I now have 7 P-States (I think) and my laptop is running as good, if not better, than before.  It took me a while to get it working and I reviewed a lot of information.  I would like to give credit and thanks to Pike R Alpha, of course, wastez, for adapting Pike's info to Ivy Bridge, PMheart, for her injector kext, and Sherlocks, for finding the new patch for 10.12.6.  If I forgot anyone, thanks for your collaborative effort and my apologies for not naming you.

Here's what I had to do to get xcpm working:

1.  Add -xcpm to boot args in Clover config.plist.

2.  Add KernelPM=True to config.plist in Clover in the KernelandKextPatches section.

3.  Add 2 patches to KerneltoPatch:  

(a) xcpm bootstrap   Find: 8D43C483 F822 Replace: 8D43C683 F822 and

( b ) Reboot fix for xcpm   Find: 554889E5 41574156 41554154 53504189 D64189F7 4889FB45 85FF0F84   Replace: C34889E5 41574156 41554154 53504189 D64189F7 4889FB45 85FF0F84  

4.  Items 1-3 above will get xcpm working without anything more.  However, I only had 3 P-States working with my particular Board-ID because it was not set to use Frequency Vectors.  Therefore, I downloaded freqVectorsEdit.sh from Pike's Github and ran it in terminal using the command:  sudo bash filelocation/freqVectorsEdit.sh.  I then followed the instructions which were not at all self-explanatory.  Here's how it works.  If you use the same SMBIOS as me, MBP9,2, your Board-ID is Mac-6F01561E16C75D06, which does not support frequency vectors and therefore does not have the full range of P-States available or even what you previously had.  However, you can edit the frequency vectors of that board-id by taking the frequency vectors from a different board and apply them to your board. This is what Pike's script does for us.  If you go to /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/X86PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources, you will find a series of plist files each with a board-id.  Find your board-id and copy it to a safe place for back up.  Then run freqVectorsEdit.sh and select a board to take frequency vectors from to apply to your board. I tried all of the MBP11 series and found that the board for MBP11,2 worked best for me.  You will have to try out different boards to see what works best for your laptop. Once you find a good setup (mine has 7 P-States now) copy the modified plist for your board-id in the resources folder for the X86PlatformPlugin.kext and copy it to the resources folder in PMheart's injector kext and install that kext in Library/Extensions.

5. Lastly, I made a new ssdt using ssdtPRGen using the newest version of that script and the following command:  sudo bash filelocation/ssdtPRGen.sh -c 3 -x 1.  That creates an ssdt.dsl file in the folder ~/Library/ssdtPRGen.  Open it with macIASL, compile it to make sure it has no errors and save it as an aml file to your desktop.  Then copy the ssdt.aml file to your ACPI/Patched folder in Clover.

Here are the files you will need:

freqVectorsEdit.sh.zip

ssdtPRGen.sh.zip

AppleX86PlatformPluginInjector.kext.zip

For additional info, see this thread:  http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/319035-ivy-bridge-xcpm-kernelpatch-for-1012/?hl=%2Bxcpm+%2Bivy+%2Bbridge&do=findComment&comment=2331329

To see if you have xcpm working properly, you can run these commands in Terminal.  Each should return the number 1 as the response.  If it returns a 0, it is not working properly.

sysctl -n machdep.xcpm.mode

sysctl -n machdep.xcpm.vectors_loaded_count

Lastly, here is the app I used to see what P-States I have:

CPU-S.zip

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

It took me a while to get High Sierra fully functioning but, now that I am actually on 10.13.1 beta 4, High Sierra is working great, better, in fact, than Sierra worked.  I was required to make changes to my DSDT, SSDT, and config.plist and I needed to add some custom kexts.  Here's what's changed:

1.  I had to disable my Radeon GPU in my DSDT.  I used RehabMan's _Reg patch to do this.  I also changed my Intel GPU from GFX0 to IGPU, although it was not really essential that I do so.  (I made this change unsuccessfully trying to get RehabMan's AppleBacklightInjector.kext to work.). Now that I have made the change, I don't think it's worth going back from IGPU to GFX0.

2. Once I changed my DSDT from IGPU to GFX0, I had to made the same change in one of my OEM SSDTs, SSDT-7.aml.  Video will not load in High Sierra if there is a conflict in my DSDT (IGPU) and SSDT-7 (GFX0).  If you change your DSDT, you need to change the SSDT-7 too.

3.  I added the Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext to my custom kexts in order to avoid the second stage boot glitch.  Therefore, I could remove the kext patch I used previously.  I also added the DummyTrim.kext (again, this may not be essential but at some point in the testing of High Sierra betas, trim force didn't work so I used this kext in lieu of a kext patch.  I think trim force works now in the final version of High Sierra.). I also had to remove the GenericBrightness.kext from my custom kexts and install a different version in L/E.  This new version of Generic Brightness is the only kext that makes screen brightness adjustment work on my laptop and, when installed in my Clover folder, it prevents my laptop from booting.

4.  My config.plist is a lot different with High Sierra than it was with Sierra.  With some of the betas, it was necessary to drop my custom SSDT and allow Clover to generate PStates and CStates.  Now, I can use my custom SSDT, that I made with ssdtPRGen, but I have chosen to set the order that my SSDT loads (again, this started in my failed attempt to get RehabMan's AppleBacklightInjector.kext to work.). I now inject my EDID with a fake product ID - 0x9c7c. (I don't think this is required but my my product ID is not listed in the AppleBacklight.kext.  That may not matter since my laptop appears to use ACPI instructions to regulate screen backlight.). I now inject Intel and no longer need to inject an ig-platform-id.  I have deleted some kext patches that are no longer necessary.  I still have some HDMI audio patches that are currently disabled that I am experimenting with in order to get HDMI video/audio functioning.  My current CsrActiveConfig is 0x01f.  My SMBIOS is updated but is still MBP9,2.

I have placed all of my changed files into a single archive.

HP Envy17t3200 High Sierra Files.zip

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I have changed my configuration somewhat since I last posted the files I use for my system.  Here are some of my updated files:

DSDT.aml.zip

config.plist.zip

GenericBrightness.kext.zip

I no longer use the PNLF-SSDT and have also stopped using Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext.  I had to install this version of the GenericBrightness.kext in L/E.  It would cause my system to crash if I kept it in Clover/kexts/10.13.  I think that the GenericBrightness.kext is causing me problems (my system sometimes will not shut down or reboot and I have to manually press the power button down until the system powers off.  This has caused problems updating via the App Store. For now, I use Pike R. Alpha's install script and modify it for each beta/update.  I post them in the threads related to those updates.

..... I think that the GenericBrightness.kext is causing me problems (my system sometimes will not shut down or reboot and I have to manually press the power button down until the system powers off.  This has caused problems updating via the App Store. For now, I use Pike R. Alpha's install script and modify it for each beta/update.  I post them in the threads related to those updates.

Why don't you use Brightness by bergdesign with ACPIBacklight.kext?

I've removed LCD1234 and patched with Brightness fix ACPI100

Why don't you use Brightness by bergdesign with ACPIBacklight.kext?

I've removed LCD1234 and patched with Brightness fix ACPI100

For some reason unknown to me, I wasn't able to use that kext.  I'll give it another try but, for now, I am using the modified GenericBrightness.kext that was designed to prevent a KP when connecting HDMI. That one works for me without any problems so I am able to update from the App Store once again.  

The Synaptics Clickpad on this model does not appear to support 3-finger gestures. At least, I have never gotten them to work.

Thanks :). Are you running High Sierra? Does everything work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

have you got any patch for xcpm in 10.13.2?

Is xcpm working for you?

Did you tried dsdts?

boot glitch patch did not work for me.... have you got some extra kext installed?

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.  I had family visiting for the holidays.  

XCPM does work for me.  See what code to enter in Terminal to check (in the photo.)

post-270804-0-36463300-1514833184_thumb.png

I have both kernel patches and a kext in L/E to get XCPM working.  Here are the kernel patches:

<key>KernelToPatch</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>xcpm bootstrap 10.13 PB1</string>
				<key>Disabled</key>
				<false/>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				idgExDwidyI=
				</data>
				<key>MatchOS</key>
				<string>10.13.x</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				idgExjwidyI=
				</data>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Reboot fix for xcpm 10.13.x</string>
				<key>Disabled</key>
				<false/>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				vgsAAABd6QgAAAAPH4QAAAAAAFVIieVBVw==
				</data>
				<key>MatchOS</key>
				<string>10.13.x</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				vgsAAABd6QgAAAAPH4QAAAAAAMNIieVBVw==
				</data>
			</dict>
		</array>

I have Kernel XCPM set to false in my config.plist.  I don't know if that would work instead of my kernel patches.  I've never experimented with that since it was added to Clover.

The kext that I use in L/E is the AppleX86PlatformPluginInjector.kext.  I modified it to select a different power profile than the one for SMBIOS9,2.  As a result, I have 7 P-States.

post-270804-0-47314100-1514834566_thumb.png

You may want to choose a different power profile since you have a different and more powerful cpu than me.  Here's my kext:

AppleX86PlatformPluginInjector.kext.zip

After you add the kernel patches and kext, run the code in Terminal to check if XCPM is working.  If it responds to each inquiry with the number 1, it's working.

As for your DSDT, I haven't tried it out yet.  I did save it to my desktop.  As for the boot glitch, the patch worked for me but I had removed Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext first.  Also, I'm using the Generic Brightness.kext, not ACPIBacklight.kext.  Those things might make a difference.

Thanks :). Are you running High Sierra? Does everything work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm running High Sierra 10.13.3 developer beta.  I am getting all features to work but some imperfectly.  I'm having trouble with screen brightness still and the GenericBrightness.kext I'm using works but is imperfect.  It sometimes causes my laptop to hang when I am restarting or shutting down and I have to manually shut down by holding down the power button.  Also, the card reader kext fails to load after the laptop wakes from sleep.  Lastly, the battery indicator in the menu bar does not always load after reboot and sometimes fails to poll properly unless I toggle it off and on in System preferences.  Otherwise, I have no complaints.