Imac 27" (late 2012) 3TB Windows issues

2 posts in this topic

sort of doing the opposite to everyone else here :P

due to the limit with windows installations on a hdd over 2.2tb i had to do some things differently,

i didnt use bootcamp and i cant because it refuses to use anything due to the size limit,

windows works, kind of, the sound for some reason sounds terrible i don't know why drivers are installed i

found somewhere, by cirrus logic but they sound nothing like when im running osx, and the wireless "works"

but it drops out and will not connect for ages, so iv'e took me about a week to get the Ethernet working, also the

keyboard functions don't work, any suggestions ? same with the magic mouse other than that love it,

thanks for your help

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, I had these same issues trying to do it on a Macbook 5,1.

Go to Apple's website (or Google) and find the bootcamp download that is specific for your machine, download it, and bring it into Windows. Now, explore the contents of that download (right-click and then explore I think).

You should see a drivers folder somewhere in there (may be a subfolder). These are the correct, working drivers for your iMac, and can be installed without bootcamp. Simply extract them to a different folder/desktop and select them as the drivers you want during driver search.

If you have already installed drivers that aren't working, you should rollback your current drivers for any device by opening Device Manager, right-click on the device and clicking Properties, then click Rollback Driver.

Hope this helps!