MacBook RAM

Deviant0ne

7 posts in this topic

I just got a 1GB kit of Corsair RAM for my MacBook as an upgrade. While I was installing the new RAM, I noticed that the RAM that shipped in the MacBook looked like it was corroded at the pins... For those of you that upgraded your RAM yourself, was this the case with your stock RAM?

I haven't upgrade my RAM yet but I already checked it and my RAM's pin were not corroded. Anyway, is 1GB of RAM enough if I want to run application like Parallels Desktop, Aperture, and Photoshop? Is 1GB of RAM will be Leopard ready? I was thinking wether I should upgrade it to 2GB or 1GB. 1GB will surely save me alot of money :)

I haven't upgrade my RAM yet but I already checked it and my RAM's pin were not corroded. Anyway, is 1GB of RAM enough if I want to run application like Parallels Desktop, Aperture, and Photoshop? Is 1GB of RAM will be Leopard ready? I was thinking wether I should upgrade it to 2GB or 1GB. 1GB will surely save me alot of money :(

When it comes to OSX, 1G should be the minimum!

Anything native: 1G is fine... Parallels: definitely 2G...

Personally, I've always *only* had 1G (on my Macs) but in recent years I've noticed that this particular upgrade is "expected" meaning most professional grade applications (UGS, PTC, Autodesk, Cadence, Logic Pro, Adobe...) tend to want more and more aka >1G.

My MBP now has 2G and my HP workstation 4G and I can tell you first off, there IS a difference.

I'd say, if you're some kind of professional in need of productivity with money to invest, RAM can be a worthwile investment. If not, 1G won't be outdated too fast; I certianly wouldn't sweat it.

you can see my config in the signature.

i have not powerfull CPU and 1 GB of ram.

i try activity monitor to see usage of CPU or RAM.

and i see what CPU usage is not more 50% in any apps (i have some sound work)

and the RAM usage is always 100%.

i suggest for buying a bigger RAM for any PRO software.

• 2 weeks later...