Asus P8Z77-V LK

k3nny

114 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

i've done all possible test, but sleep doesn't work...

At this point i wait the update 10.8.3

I had some improvements: speedstep enabled, disappeared message:

"WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil: getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a"

You have been generous and patient and I can't monopolize your time...

Thank you infinitely

Marco

ioplatform rollback and iopci also might be needed. (i use 10.7.5 lion not 10.8 so not sure)

patch AppleRTC kext and check dsdt and video power management. (if videocard is not supported properly it wont sleep)

disable comport in bios ?

i used legacy boot not efi.(turned off in advanced boot in bios)

Updated the first post including new DSDT and more complete audio extension.

@Sleep issue:
I don't think he needs patched power management extensions. Our boards are very similar. It may be the video card, indeed.

EDIT:
Update with new DSDT, AppleHDA and Ethernet extension.

EDIT2:
Update with new DSDT and slightly changed guide.

EDIT3:

Update with new DSDT_22:

- added "AAPL,clock-id" to USB devices > system can only be woken up from sleep mode by using the power button.

- changed some HDEF parameters to remove assertion errors. HDMI is not enabled anymore I believe.

Uploaded a modified BIOS. For changes read the included text file.

Edited by k3nny

• 5 months later...

Im also having shutdown issues with Clover UEFI on my Intel Z77 board, I wanted to go to a local store an get a ASUS P8Z77-V LX instead, but I see there is issue with shutdown on this board too. You wrote 1 out of 10 times tho, but on my board every time I press shutdown the PC restarts and sometimes it would also cause the PC to beep and force me to cold boot.

• 3 weeks later...

You can follow the instructions from the BIOS section in the first post, they should apply to your board.

EDIT1:

Update with new modified BIOS v1104.

EDIT2:

Guide rewritten with focus on UEFI and Clover. Switched from static DSDT to dynamic DSDT patching.

Updated modified BIOS.

Sample Clover configuration file attached.

EDIT3:

See history section of the OP.

Edited by k3nny

• 1 month later...

hi!!!
Thank for the detailed guide for this board
im following your instructions but im stuck at sound cant get it to work with efi strings injections.i download our config.plist but i think its corrupted.can you pls tell how to injects device properties with layout id 1?thanks

hi!!!

Thank for the detailed guide for this board

im following your instructions but im stuck at sound cant get it to work with efi strings injections.i download our config.plist but i think its corrupted.can you pls tell how to injects device properties with layout id 1?thanks

Hi, you were right. The file was working, but it had a zip extension instead of plist. I corrected it now. Try again please.

thanks it work for me too .

if you dont mind k3nny can you teach me how to inject the audio efi string with layout id 1? i want know how thanks sorry noob here

Seems I made another mistake with the string. Attached a new version in the first post.

To decrypt the string you can do the following:

- Copy gfxutil to your desktop

- Copy the content of Devices\Properties and paste it to a new text document named string.txt on your desktop

- Paste these commands into Terminal:

cd ~/Desktop
chmod +x gfxutil
./gfxutil -i hex -o xml string.txt string.plist

It will produce a new file string.plist and you can edit it as you like. I would recommend to use a plist editor.

To reverse the process and create a string from a plist, use this command:

./gfxutil -i xml -o hex string.plist string_new.txt

Open string_new.txt, paste the content to Devices\Properties in config.plist and you are done.

• 3 months later...

Reboot/Shutdown:

Using Clover in UEFI mode will cause a bad reboot/shutdown with OS X in approximately one out of ten times and no fix exists for this issue yet. The OS has already exited, you see a black screen, fans spin up and you can only do a hard reset.

Hello, is there solution for this issue? FixShutdown_0004 doesn't work for me :( I have asus v gene board.

• 2 months later...

I first time install OS X,use p8z77-v lk,i5-3470 CPU,gtx 760

I update my bios use your file,

Change bios setting

Make a USB install stick

Install new clover

Then

1,push fakesmc in clover/ketx directory

2,no change,direct use you config.plist

Boot computre

Now my probrome is after load,screen is white,ant left-up a wait logo

Can you help me,what should i do.thunk you.

Hello k3nny:

i boot my computer,use -v argument, on screen,first is blank screen with white charter,there no error,after this,switch graphics moder ,screen is gray,and on the screen's left-up,there is a circles with clorlor。 what 's the problem

Thinks

@zzz3z:

Start OS X in verbose mode with "-v" in arguments or press space after you selected OS X in Clover and choose verbose mode. Then post the output you see.

i

@zzz3z:

Just to be sure: During the boot you see some text on the screen without any error and afterwards a grey screen with the colored loading cursor? Can you still provide a photo of the verbose output? It might help with your problem.

Otherwise I would tend to think it is a video issue, as PimentelX86 mentioned.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

@k3nny: hello. I have the pro version of this board. Do you think I can use your clover config for Yosemite. I make the switch to clover in same time to install fresh Yosemite install.

The DSDT section seems to just fix some output errors, no?

The injection section is for audio id-layout? I can make copy&paste, I have same audio.

Have a nice day.

Hi,

it should be compatible with most parts. The DSDT patches are mostly for errors and warnings, but also for things like interrupts. I'm pretty confident, that all of them will work with your board.

The device properties enable audio (id 1), set USB currents and clock-ids for uninterraptable sleep. Probably nothing bad happens, if you use the string like it is, but you should edit and customize it according to your devices and addresses.

EDIT: I will update the first post in a few days, upload an updated config to reflect Clover's changes and link to a new AppleHDA.

Also feel free to ask, if you have any other problems with your board.

Edited by k3nny