• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 

10 posts in this topic

Welcome to Insanelymac adrian, first put your hardware in your signature for support, what version MAC OS X are you installing? what method do you use? I look the Kernel Panic is for AppleRTC.kext try delete this kext.

Hi there,

Cheers for getting back to me. I am trying to run 10.8 with iatkos, I didn't install any customise options as it didn't work when I choose some, I am just trying to boot with the boot loader on the USB and then go from there!

Can I delete that kext by going back onto the iatkos bootable USB? As I am not dual booted?

If I boot with -x -f -v

I can get further..... See below....

post-658078-0-95102900-1358269842_thumb.jpg

delte the kext from terminal, boot with -s

mount /

cd System/Library/Extensions

rm -rf AppleRTC.kext

cd /System/Library/Caches

rm -rf *

reboot -R now

EDIT:

Can I delete that kext by going back onto the iatkos bootable USB? YES if you have win install MACDRIVE and delete the kext from your USBInstaller and boot with -f -v

I had had the same problem. You can fix it if you downgrade your AppleACPIPlatform.kext to 10.8.1. This will fix it. There isn't a problem with RTC

Ok so I deleted that kext but I'm still getting other USB errors :/. Any more ideas? Don't thInk I can downgrade the appleacpiplatform.kext from the state of my computer at the moment as I can't boot at all :/

Booting with -v -x -f still makes it hang on the Bluetooth controller -- completed