Can i use My Hack ivy league and OS 10.6

Indigo...

6 posts in this topic

Has anyone had any luck with My Hack, OS 10.6, Gigabyte UEFI & Ivy Bridge (not league lol). Any tips appreciated.

My BASIC system up and running using ######. i would rather not use beast stuff for reasons mentioned in this group and others .... and i dont have 10.8 yet and while im waiting i would like to do a build on 10.6. i have tried using myHack to install OS X 10.6 but i keep having boot 0 & boot 1 errors. i have made installer sticks formated both GUID and MBR but still havent had any luck ..... should i keep trying or wait till i get 10.8 (my only running macs are g5 & and this hackintosh). My system specs are listed in my signature. Thank YOU.

i just got os 10.8 and the combo 10.8.2 and installed with 'my hack'. .... the graphics dont support any resolution other than 1024 x 768, my sound doesnt work and lan doesnt work. I have all sleep and energy savings turned off. any tips appriciated and i will keep people updated.

Hello and welcome to the forums. A quick forum search for ga-z77 turned up this http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/283293-gigabyte-ga-z77-ds3h-mac-install-guide/page__hl__+ga#8208z77#entry1868142 looks like it should help with most or all your issues, or at least give you a starting point. Good luck!

• Like 1

i know, should be bridge !!!!

ty epp357, i think they are using a rev 1.0 mobo and from my reading rev 1.1 needs newer ethernet Kext, but i read that over n over and it did help alot .... i did a 'my hack' install since i wrote this and i may grab another hard drive and try the way he did. the learning curve is pretty step and my only mac left in the house is a g5. i think i may start a build log in here just up date on my progress.