Success: Snow Leo 10.6.8 on Lenovo Thinkcentre M57

ms-mer

9 posts in this topic

Edit: Scroll down an read the last sentence at fist!

I've sucessfully installed Snow Leopard @ Lenovo Thin Centre M57, SFF, Type 9196-A1G. (2.33 MHz Core2Duo). Everything works.

That's what I did:

At first I put an 1 GB HDD in the case, 3 GB of RAM and that`s all new hardware.

Second step: Switch the SATA mode in BIOS to AHCI mode, change the boot chain to have CD-Drive as first, save BIOS changes (F10), switch off and leave the Thinkcentre alone for a while.

Take your second PC or Mac an download:

(1) Retail Version of Snow Leo 10.6.3. Don`t use your iMac (Mac mini etc...) DVD, these discs are specific and will not work. Of course it's better to buy it instead of leeching. So please be a good guy and go to your Mac dealer.

(2) "######" (google it, you should find a site from "tonymacx86". Do a free register there and download. Burn it to a CD-ROM)

(3) If you (hopefully) have the original 10.6.3 Retail DVD skip this step: Burn your Image of OSX using a DL-DVD or an USB-Stick (8 GB or more). If you use a stick and you have a Mac by your hand - go to HDD Program, Drag and drop your OSX image in the window, then choose your USB-Stick in the window and do a repartition with GUID Bootsector and HFS-J file system. Next: Restore OSX-Image to USB-Stick. You will get a bootable OSX install stick.

Sorry folks, I don't know how to do that in Windows, so the easiest way is to buy the Retail Version and have the original DVD)

Now we have:

a CD with ######

a DVD or Stick with OSX 10.6.3 Retail version installation files

a Lenovo Think Centre with AHCI-Mode

Next put the stick in USB Slot of Thinkcentre, put the ###### CD in the drive and start Thinkcentre. If you don`t have a stick, but the DVD - do this step without the stick, just put the ###### CD in the drive and switch power on.

The PC will boot into the ###### boot loader. You see now bootable drives. If your stick is in the Slot, choose it and press Enter. If you have the DVD - replace ###### Disk with OSX DVD and press F5 - your bootable DVD should appear now. Choose it an press Enter.

The boot screen of OSX installation will appear. Do your language settings. Next will appear the HDD Program. Here you have to part and format your HDD. The rest of the installation will run without questions and voila - it works.

OSX 10.6.3 worked out of the box. Including Network, Graphics and Sound! Awesome!

Next you have to update to 10.6.8.

Attention! Don't use Apples Auto-Update, load it separately from Apples website:

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1399

Don't run it now!

on the tonymacx86-Website download the Tool ######. You need it, because the 10.6.8-Update kills your networking and sound capabilities and this tool repairs the drivers.

Open ######. Just open it.

Now open the 10.6.8 Update file and run the pkg. Do not restart after finishing install, run ###### and select "[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]" to install.

Now you can remove the Stick or DVD and reboot the ThinkCentre.

It will boot OSX - but without network and sound. Don't worry. Reopen ###### and choose in the driver section the network adapter for Intel and the Voodoo adapter (highest Version number) for the sound. Install and reboot - bingo!

The IBM Think Centre M57 with 2,33 MHz Core2Duo CPU is a Hackintosh now.

Enjoy.

Thanks to Tonymacx86 - his tools are awesome.

Sorry for my english, I'm from Germany.

Edit: Ooops there are #### instead of the tool names. This makes my Story useless. So type an "i" and a "b" and double "o" and a "t" to search your bootloader image. The second tool is Multi+ a "B" and an "e" and an "a" and a "s" and at least a"t".

HTH.

post-413227-0-85814200-1355271044_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Way to revive an old thread ;) Mavericks works on my A57 with a 2.66GHz C2D, and the integrated graphics. I put a Quadro 600 in my A57 and it works. Sierra probably will too.

Best of luck,

- Matt

Way to revive an old thread ;) Mavericks works on my A57 with a 2.66GHz C2D, and the integrated graphics. I put a Quadro 600 in my A57 and it works. Sierra probably will too.

Best of luck,

- Matt

Does everything work for you, like sleep/wake function?

Does everything work for you, like sleep/wake function?

Yes, it all works on Mavericks, dunno about Sierra though. Use Clover to get proper functionality.

Best regards,

- Matt

I don't think so. Although I'm not sure as I did it on Mavericks. Graphics should not be supported due to a lack of kexts, so it'll run fine but without QE/CI, I recommend you get a discrete GPU. C2D should be supported with no need for patching and so should the RAM. Chipset should be the same as mine (G31) so I assume that will work OOB as well. As for Clover, just don't use UEFI mode and you should be right.

Good luck,

- Matt

• Like 1