Worthless x1600

9 posts in this topic

I can't get my Sapphire x1600xt (256MB PCI-E) to work in OS X. I have tried using the vga and dvi inputs as well as using a dvi to vga converter on the dvi input.

I tried flashing the card's bios as recommended in another post but it would not flash because the P/N differs.

After doing the boris fix I restart to a blue/white screen with no mouse or any gui. Has anybody had success in getting this card to work?

Device ID - 0x71c0

P/N ends in 009 (Sapph.bin in another post has P/N 008)

If anyone knows how to get this card to work in OS X please help.

I bought this card specifically for OS X.

got this card a month ago, used the goatsecx dvd cause the jas one gives me rebooting problems. the card had qe and ci after boot up. had alot of mouse tearing and artifacts so i did the manual boris method and it works great without any tearing or artifacts. been using it for a month now for dvds, WOW at full res, xvid, divx, all other things you can think of. oh and i got mine from new egg for 111.00usd if that means anything.

-evil

In my rig it works out of the box with CI & QE enabled with both Myzar 10.4.6 and Jas 10.4.7 releases.

Only needed to fix the resolution at preference file.

I´m using the VGA output.

But if I install the Boris Method (Neopheus Installer) I can get the resolution change, but for me it´s useless, I prefer to have it fixed (I don´t remember changing the resolution of my desktop for ages)!!