Installation Problem [Waiting for root device] Won't boot! [AMD]

dinosaws

3 posts in this topic

Hello fellow members, I've ran into the issue on an AMD processor that is limiting me from install Hackintosh.

Here's the error/issue I am getting -

"Still waiting for root device"

I know AMD processors aren't ideal, but I am only wanting this for experimental reasons and to learn.

I am using a retail disk not a distro and I am using Nawcoms mod CD (burnt at 4kbs on a dual layer disk)

I am 100% stuck now and I don't know what to do, I hope some hackintosh fanatics/users would be able to assist me on my problem.

Here's my specs -

http://gyazo.com/7c3...d3a3b79cb644cf2

Edited by eep357
No need to offer any bribes

Hello, in my bios I went to SATA configuration and it's set to AHCI mode.

My HD is also SATA so I am not really sure what information I should be pulling from that website - Also some point in the bootcd loading my retail disc of SL it states 'please updated Bootloader'. I am a newbie when it comes to Hackintosh so I really don't have a clue what I am supposed to do at this point. I've read around and tried most of the fixes others recommend but no luck..

I am still in need of assistance.

(also to the moderator/administrator that removed my part about paying, it wasn't so much of a bribe - just a thankful payment)