Font Anti-Aliasing, making ATI Displays work for a possible resolution....

poplars

10 posts in this topic

hey all... ok this is kind of a long story here, my fonts don't seem to be anti-aliasing correctly, and its subtle, but its there. and I know theres an option in my ATI Mobility Radeon X300 that had something to do with Anti-aliasing in windows, but I can't access it in OSX, so I tried ATI Displays from ATI's website, and it see's my card but it doesn't detect it as an ATI card, so I can do nothing to it.

first question, is there any way I can make it recognise that card as an ATI?

I'm sure it can be tweaked.

now for the second question....are there any alternatives to getting the fonts to anti-aliase correctly? see, I've messed with the font-smoothing in Appearance, but it doesn't seem perfect as it wo uld in Linux or on an actual Apple computer.

that is all, don't ignore this thread.

Screenshot.tiff

****bump***** I can't believe nobody knows, at all. thats just ridiculous and illogical. someone reply.

Have you tried working with the Color Profiles under the Display section in System Preferences?

This is pretty weird because, I opened it with Windows Picture and Fax viewer, and it's all fuzzy. But then I opened it with Adobe Photoshop, it said it had an embedded colour profile and said it was going to load the new colour profile. Then it appeared clear and easy to read.

lol, ANGIRLY demanding help eh? hardly. I don't know how it could possibly have been percieved that way, perhaps its only you. regardless, I'm not sure my profiles are screwed, I messed with it some and it didnt' seem to change anything, I really think it could be some settings with the card. I recall on windows I had such settings for AA/AF etc. if not then any other suggestions will be greatly appriciated.

lol, ANGIRLY demanding help eh? hardly. I don't know how it could possibly have been percieved that way, perhaps its only you. regardless, I'm not sure my profiles are screwed, I messed with it some and it didnt' seem to change anything, I really think it could be some settings with the card. I recall on windows I had such settings for AA/AF etc. if not then any other suggestions will be greatly appriciated.

"someone reply."

Yes, that's a demand. And

"thats just ridiculous and illogical."

sounds pretty angry.

Even if you don't consider that angry and demanding, please don't do it. Thank you.

lol ok. regardless, I think I need to find someone with a Mac computer, check this stuff out lol. idk, I'll get back to you guys, if anyone has anymore selections, feel free to post them here. :D

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

hmmm.

Its strange, because my fonts on Windows are GREAT, and on Mac they're annoying to read. I tried modifying on the System Preferences panel, but it doesnt do much. If you find anything that can help you there, please post here so I can have a look too =)