Can Intel's D945GNT Be Overclocked?

TomA2

11 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm having the same trouble with my D945GCL. 4% gets me nothing, especially when I have heavy-duty cooling (intended for silence). I know the board has a "debug" mode since I've had to use it; I put it on "Aggressive timings" for RAM and it wouldn't boot, but I was too worried about making it boot to check for overclocking settings.

I will report back if there is any "OC Debug" jumper area, potentially without pins, needing to be shorted. For the badaxe, that info is here-

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=99298

Apparently not. There is no OC Debug area on the motherboard. There are a few unused jumper sets, like "mfg jmp" though shorting random things on a motherboard isn't advisable. The D945GCL can do 4% overclocks, the RAM clock can be reduced, and RAM timings can still be configured. "Burn in" options do not change using the Maintenance jumper. CrystalCPUID does not change multipliers for Intel boards.

If you have any info on unlocking the multiplier, it would be appreciated. Otherwise, I'm very disappointed. I did research before buying this motherboard, and somehow I didn't come across the information that Intel doesn't allow configuration of overclocking options. All that there was to talk about was how great the Conroe processor is at overclocking. The extra 0.08ghz isn't much appreciated here.