Core Graphics "update" = OSX installation explodes

Prog

13 posts in this topic

Yeah, I know this has happened to multiple people that used the vmware image method to install OS X, but I did the CoreGraphics.bak "update" and it killed my working OS X installation (wouldn't boot). So I figured, what the heck, I hadn't done anything on it yet, so I re-dd'ed the file from my USB drive to my harddrive and tried to change the password and now I can't change deadmoo's password (only curtis's) and for some reason, it won't log in with only that password changed, and now it's not booting like half of the time. Anyone know what's wrong?

I got that same problem. I dont know what to do. I renamed coregraphics.bak and put it in the folder then restarted but now its stuck at the grey apple screen. I used -x to boot but nothing. I dont want to re dd it because it takes a long time to do all that.

Yeah, I know this has happened to multiple people that used the vmware image method to install OS X, but I did the CoreGraphics.bak "update" and it killed my working OS X installation (wouldn't boot).  So I figured, what the heck, I hadn't done anything on it yet, so I re-dd'ed the file from my USB drive to my harddrive and tried to change the password and now I can't change deadmoo's password (only curtis's) and for some reason, it won't log in with only that password changed, and now it's not booting like half of the time.  Anyone know what's wrong?

Did you unrar the coregraphics.rar first then rename it????

No, I figured that out later. The thing is, the instructions didn't say to unrar it, so I didn't. But that wouldn't cause it to not work after I re-dd'ed it, so that really doesn't help since it's not what I'm asking. Thanks anyway though. :)

I can confirm that when you unrar the coregraphic file, it causes the problem. Yes, the guy who wrote those instructions didn't explain it very well. Oh well. Please post your install info so we can find out what the problem was, cuz it works for some people and not for others.

Well right now I've got no problems going into safe boot, but I can't do a normal boot.

My sound card and network card don't work, and I'm thinking that these devices aren't working in safe boot. Then again, maybe not, but I'd really like to get it booting normally.

Its easy to fix. Just download macdrive 6 then youll see your osx drive on windows then go to the folder on the drive where the coregraphics.bak is and rename the other one that says "coregraphics.i386" to "coregraphics". I did that and it worked again.

Its easy to fix.  Just download macdrive 6 then youll see your osx drive on windows then go to the folder on the drive where the coregraphics.bak is and rename the other one that says "coregraphics.i386" to "coregraphics".  I did that and it worked again.

I've got a little problem with that. I sorta don't have Windows.

I do have Ubuntu Linux though. :\

:rolleyes:

After successfully booting OSX86 using VMWARE, and applying oah705 and replacing the mach-kernal with a patched one, I can not figure out how to successfully install the corgraphics patch and libsystem.b.dylib patch. I am able to boot root. If there is an easy way to this with out going to the command line this is preferable. If not, maybe some easy advice.

1. I can not fine the folder (/Volumes/200) listed instructions.

2. Their is a Volumes folder however it contains a link to my harddrive and a link to my cdrom.

3. Does the cg-libsys-sse3to2.sh need to be placed in a certain folder before issuing the command ./ ?

Thanx

beh, do the following.

mach_kernel is in your root of your image, just rename it and than copy the new one.

oah705 is in the /usr/libexec/oah/ folder, also rename the orginal (just in case) and then copy then new one.

CoreGraphics is in the (here it comes) /System/Library/Frameworks/ApllicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Verions/A/ folder, here aplies the same as above.

libsystem.b.dylib is in the /usr/lib/ folder.

Hope this helps.

Regards Simania

:(