Radeon x1650

VooD

9 posts in this topic

My new Sapphire X1650 is working including QE and CI...

I just changed the ATINDRV.kext (as recommended for the X1600 XT in the forum)

and

the ATIRadeonX1000.kext (changed the vendorstring inside from 0x71c51002 to 0x71c61002)

... and wow after a restart I could change the resulution, the TFT was found, QuartzExtreme and CoreImage are supported!!

The X1650 is compatible with the X1600 XT (ATI renamed the X1600 Pro to X1300 and the X1600 XT to X1650)...

The "Borisbadenov" method provoced "Black Screen" (better: blue and white)

I'm using OS X 10.4.7...

• 4 weeks later...
My new Sapphire X1650 is working including QE and CI...

I just changed the ATINDRV.kext (as recommended for the X1600 XT in the forum)

and

the ATIRadeonX1000.kext (changed the vendorstring inside from 0x71c51002 to 0x71c61002)

... and wow after a restart I could change the resulution, the TFT was found, QuartzExtreme and CoreImage are supported!!

The X1650 is compatible with the X1600 XT (ATI renamed the X1600 Pro to X1300 and the X1600 XT to X1650)...

The "Borisbadenov" method provoced "Black Screen" (better: blue and white)

I'm using OS X 10.4.7...

Hi HolgerP thanks for your info,

i got also the black screen after Boris Method (im using Gigabyte X1650Pro 256 PCI-E and 10.4.6 - with 10.4.5 kexts)

i havent got the chance to try the second method, because if i boot with -v -x (safe boot), that "black screen" still happen. Is there any way to get around this ?

thank you

ok i figure it out by myself already (when boot, using -s and then edit the kexts back) :)

now fully working (QE/CI, but resolution change it manually via Boot.plist)

but still have a glitch..every time i run Keynote presentation or Slideshow on iTunes (i believe this is when QE/CI running), when i stopped it or moving my mouse..

the mouse cursor is gone! and changed to little artifact(dots) across the monitor. I once read about this somewhere in the forum, but cannot find it..

any kind of help very much appreciated like always :)

ok i figure it out by myself already (when boot, using -s and then edit the kexts back) :D

now fully working (QE/CI, but resolution change it manually via Boot.plist)

but still have a glitch..every time i run Keynote presentation or Slideshow on iTunes (i believe this is when QE/CI running), when i stopped it or moving my mouse..

the mouse cursor is gone! and changed to little artifact(dots) across the monitor. I once read about this somewhere in the forum, but cannot find it..

any kind of help very much appreciated like always :)

This is a great news since I have a spare Gigabyte X1650Pro too. :D Would you please post the detailed procedures. Thanks!

Bruce