Vista post-RC1 'test' release build 5728 - now PUBLIC

br0adband

36 posts in this topic

I´ve installed GTR-2 under it and played with it´s own driver (for my x1600XT) and I´m very impressed.

I´ve download but never installed the ATI RC1 Drivers for VISTA. I´ll keep using the WDDM instead.

I have also managed to install one webcam that in XP I need to force the drivers to run in 2000 compatibility mode.

The only peripheral that is not working (VISTA itself intalled partial drivers) is my Pixelview PlayTv Mpeg2 card.

:angel:

VISTA is the worst OS I have ever seen

you even have to click more than before

it looks like a Chinese copy of OSX

when you switch to maximum performance

you can hardly tell the difference between 95, 98, 2000, XP, VISTA or what ever

- windows stays windows -

did you know that VISTA means "old virgin" in "Lettland"

when I emptied the "recycle bin" the whole "bin" disappeared ...

The only peripheral that is not working (VISTA itself installed partial drivers) is my Pixelview PlayTv Mpeg2 card.
i have it working here. Just force the it to use the TelSignal driver so BTCap and BtXBar can load. BtXBar isn't supported in Aero so it will drop you to non-Aero UI. Everything on the remote works except the volume control.

It looks like some quirky things happened on my upgrade after using the first 24hrs. I think a clean install, even from RC --> RC is needed. If upgrading, you need to go to disk cleanup and delete the "files deleted by upgrade", which is around 2gig.

The monitor refresh rate is defaulted to 60Hz. It will need to be forced to use a higher refresh rate and you need to log out/in or reboot to make the setting stick.

Disappearing desktop icons is a bug and has been reported. That's why it's still an RC.

Thanks for the tip. This driver (TelSignal) is from VISTA?

There are some issues with temp files also, if you need to run something inside a ZIp or RAR it doesn´t and if you delete some app withou first removing it´s icon on the desktop it get stucked there!

Trying the driver now

i have it working here. Just force the it to use the TelSignal driver so BTCap and BtXBar can load. BtXBar isn't supported in Aero so it will drop you to non-Aero UI. Everything on the remote works except the volume control.

I didn´t managed to get it working here. Maybe I got the wrong driver. Can u send me yours?

Thanks for the tip. This driver (TelSignal) is from VISTA?

Obviously not, since it doesn't support Aero. Don't' expect plug and Play to use the TelSignal drivers. It will automatically use the WDM driver supplied by MS. You need to update driver, install from specific location, choose the driver to install, and use one of the compatible drivers to use. This will need to be done to all 4 multimedia hardware in device manager.

I didn´t managed to get it working here. Maybe I got the wrong driver. Can u send me yours?

Yea, there are 2 drivers distributions and I only managed to get one of them to work properly. Which Pixelview model do you have? Because this driver might not work on your model.

PIXELVIEW PV - M 4900 RM.RC

Yea that helps, but we have different models. I use an older model (Prolink PV-BT878P+) because of its wider OS compatibility support, especial under Linux. I'm afraid you are on your own with this one.

Sorry

• 1 month later...
I use an older model (Prolink PV-BT878P+)

Hi,

sorry for digging up this thread, but

this is exactly the model I have, and I didn't manage

to get working drivers.

@ domino: Could you tell me, which drivers you used?

Tanks in advance!