10.8.2 Couple of Issues (Magic Mouse side scroll/system freeze)

sld87

13 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

recently upgraded from Lion to 10.8.2. Have got mostly everything working but I'm getting a couple of bizarre occurances.

1. After waking from display sleep, my magic mouse wont be able to swipe between full screen aps (Can continue to use other functions of mouse, cmd-tab to go between apps etc)

2. Usually after this happens, a few minutes later my system will lock up completely (Has always happened on safari but this may just be because im mostly surfing on the computer)

I have updated my graphics driver as per http://www.osx86.net...4.00.05f02.html but haven't really done anything else aside from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] fixes.

Is this most likely a graphics stability issue? If so is there any kexts I should be installing specific to my card? I just used the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] one that listed support for my card, among others. QE/CI is working and my specs are listed.

Also, is there any 10.8.2 kexts available that will remove my drives being orange, and allow sleep to work fully? Sleep may be related to my above issues even though I have it off.

Or could it be my system information? On the original guide with my specs it says to use profile iMac 2,2 but I am on MacPro from the ###### install. Would changing it effect anything?

Many thanks

PS I geekbenched the above for 12,172

System Information
MacPro3,1
Operating System Mac OS X 10.8.2 (Build 12C60)
Model MacPro3,1
Processor Intel Core i7-2600K @ 3.49 GHz
1 processor, 4 cores, 8 threads
Processor ID GenuineIntel Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
L1 Instruction Cache 32 KB x 4
L1 Data Cache 32 KB x 4
L2 Cache 256 KB x 4
L3 Cache 8192 KB
Motherboard Apple Inc. Mac-F42C88C8 x.x
BIOS Apple Inc. ######.########.###
Memory 12288 MB 1066 MHz DDR3

If you unplug and plug back in your bluetooth receiver does mouse function return to normal? For orange icons, there are a few different fixes. DSDT orange icon fix and new Enoch Chameleon installer has option in advanced section to apply a fix as well.

I would not use MacPro 3,1 smbios for your system as it used a socket 775 quad core, or would I suggest using that software for that matter. Guessing the guide you followed said to use iMac 12,2 and not 2,2? Use Chameleon Wizard to create a new valid smbios.

• Like 1

If you unplug and plug back in your bluetooth receiver does mouse function return to normal? For orange icons, there are a few different fixes. DSDT orange icon fix and new Enoch Chameleon installer has option in advanced section to apply a fix as well.

I would not use MacPro 3,1 smbios for your system as it used a socket 775 quad core, or would I suggest using that software for that matter. Guessing the guide you followed said to use iMac 12,2 and not 2,2? Use Chameleon Wizard to create a new valid smbios.

Thank you for that buddy. I changed my smbios to the 12,2 profile (Yes i meant that one sorry) which uses my same socket, and everything seems to be pretty stable for the moment. I haven't had it up running long enough though because I was messing around with Chameleon Wizard (Great app) and accidentally wiped my boot.plist

Re unplugging my receiver, I tried that several times but once it was lost it wouldnt come back until after a reboot.

re orange icons, i was a little scared to touch my DSDT for the moment as it was working perfectly. In the mean time I have patched a block storage injector kext into my s/l/e so hopefully when I reboot it's good as gold.

Thanks for the tips I shall update with progress.

Also check in system profiler under USB, that each USB bus shows USB Controller Location as "built-in USB"

For kext solution to orange icon, if the one you used does not work for any reason, this one should work fine.

Thank you, seems to have resolved my orange drive issue.. My USB says:

SB High-Speed Bus:
Host Controller Location: Built-in USB
Host Controller Driver: AppleUSBEHCI
PCI Device ID: 0x1c2d
PCI Revision ID: 0x0005
PCI Vendor ID: 0x8086
Bus Number: 0x1a
Hub:
Product ID: 0x0024
Vendor ID: 0x8087 (Intel Corporation)
Version: 0.00
Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec
Location ID: 0x1a100000 / 2
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 0

My Bluetooth issues persist after waking display though. Could it be related to the fact that bluetooth mouse and keyboard dont work initially on login screen but after about 10 seconds once logged in? Are there any latest sleepenabler kexts or such (Maybe a bluetooth one) I should be looking at? I don't think I have updated this at all.

Also it says USB 2, but all my drives should be USB3.

hello

see this for the bluetooth

http://prasys.info/2011/04/fixing-csr-bluetooth-in-osx/#respond

if the kext don't fix the orange icon, apply this in u dsdt

# Change ID of SATA device to fake ESB2 AHCI (silver icons for internal HDs instead of orange ones)
#
into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x001F0002 remove_entry;
into device name_adr 0x001F0002 insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
   Store (Package (0x02)\n
    {\n
	    "device-id", \n
	    Buffer (0x04)\n
	    {\n
		    0x81, 0x26, 0x00, 0x00\n
	    }\n
    }, Local0)\n
   DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))\n
   Return (Local0)\n
}
end

good hack

for bluetooth problems, buy a Belkin Mini this work O.O.B in MAC OS X , I not have any problems with AppleTrackpad, MagicMouse and AppleKeyboard , and included Wake from sleep from Keyboard and MagicMouse/Trackpad

Good Luck!!!!!

for bluetooth problems, buy a Belkin Mini this work O.O.B in MAC OS X , I not have any problems with AppleTrackpad, MagicMouse and AppleKeyboard , and included Wake from sleep from Keyboard and MagicMouse/Trackpad

Good Luck!!!!!

I am using a d-link BT-122 which works great otherwise, but I have a feeling my issues are related to my USB mapping, as ML doesn't detect my ports as USB 3.0 either so something is amiss.

USB 3.0 mostly broken in ML

Ahh ok cheers for that. Bizarelly, side scrolling returns sporadically after display sleeps.. Sometimes is there, sometimes is not. But system doesnt crash since changing to proper profile. It does detect my bluetooth devide properly in system profiler.

• 8 months later...

Pleasing to see all my issues fixed after revisiting this thread.. But my side scroll issue is back!! I have USB 3, sleep, hibernate, fans etc all back to normal except this issue has returned!!

Any suggestions?