[Solved] ML on HP Elitebook 8460p

Biso007

17 posts in this topic

I 'm trying to install ML on HP Elitebook 8460p laptop:

- Core i7 2640M 2.8 GHz (Sandy Bridge)

- Intel HD 3000 (ID: x0126)

I use USB drive as a booting device but it stops before going into the graphical display I think (see image).

Any advice will be appreciated.

TIA

Create a bootable usb with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], boot from it and install [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], you're good to go.

man, you have read this and this., warning you can be banned of the Forun!!!! :police:

• 2 weeks later...

hello

delete in the installer in system/library/extensions

appleintelhd*.kext

boot

-f GraphicsEnabler=No

good hack

Thx that made the trick .. and adding to it that AppleACPIPS2Nub and ApplePS2Controller kexts must be in the installer S/L/E folder or no input can be made.

Problem now after getting ML to run is that I have Windows 7 Enterprise on the same HDD and can't make the OSX partition to boot from HDD. I still have to use USB to boot OSX even though the partition is set to be primary and active. I didn't face such issue with Windows 7 Pro :wallbash:

Edit: solved by manually installing boot1h file to the OSX partition

I solved the dual boot issue by manually install boot1h file to the OSX partition .. normal installation of Chameleon won't fix it.

as for the trackpad, it works only like a mouse with no scrolling.

Main issues right now are:

- the integrated wireless Centrino chip N6205 is not recognized at all.

- the internal HSPA hs2340 modem ... it's recognized and associated with AppleCDCACMData.kext but it doesn't connect [Solved].

- Add: only internal display is working as HD3000 doesn't have VGA output (Enabling VGA port breaks the QE/CI)

Edit: to use the internal HSPA modem:

- Unarchive and put the attached scripts in /library/modem scripts

- in Network Preferences, select the Advanced tab of the HP hs2340 modem.

- Select the vendor as Other and select one of the scripts (CID 3 worked for me).

- Go back to the main page and type the APN in the Telephone number field.

- Apply and connect.

Any advice for the rest of points will be appreciated.

TIA

Archive.zip

I solved the dual boot issue by manually install boot1h file to the OSX partition .. normal installation of Chameleon won't fix it.

as for the trackpad, it works only like a mouse with no scrolling.

Main issues right now are:

- the integrated wireless Centrino chip N6205 is not recognized at all.

- the internal HSPA hs2340 modem ... it's recognized and associated with AppleCDCACMData.kext but it doesn't connect.

Any advice will be appreciated.

TIA

Try this kext for trackpad. The kexts is created by RehabMan, I editted it to work with 8460p keyboard. He is helping me to make the trackpoint works, and repair trackpad after sleeping. Remove all your ps2 devices and install my kexts.

Function keys work without Fn key, press F3 for 3 seconds to put your machine to sleep, F8 to turn the trackpad on/off, scroll to play/pause, insert to play next, I'm trying to make pause button to play previous.

What's your Audio and battery kexts?

8460pTrackpad.zip

Try this kext for trackpad. The kexts is created by RehabMan, I editted it to work with 8460p keyboard. He is helping me to make the trackpoint works, and repair trackpad after sleeping. Remove all your ps2 devices and install my kexts.

Function keys work without Fn key, press F3 for 3 seconds to put your machine to sleep, F8 to turn the trackpad on/off, scroll to play/pause, insert to play next, I'm trying to make pause button to play previous.

What's your Audio and battery kexts?

Just so everybody knows where these are coming from, I think it is better to just refer to the github repo:

https://github.com/R...-PS2-Controller

From there you can browse source, read wiki, get updates, see my other projects, etc.

To other devs out there: I have started adding an entry to my Info.plist that describes where the source for each one of my kexts lives. I think this is a good practice, satisfies APSL/GPL guidelines for open source distribution, is in the spirit of open source, and lets people know where the source is for a particular binary distributed, re-distributed, copied, etc...

So, for example, the entry in VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/Info.plist looks like this:

<key>Source Code</key>
<string>https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller</string>

I'm hopeful that more devs will do the same.

I have the same notebook. Did you run ML with the internal Monitor?

ML runs at me only on a external Monitor.

Seems you are using a patched SNBGraphicsFB kext with enabled VGA port ... in that case the internal display will not work.

I 'm still searching for a solution to enable the VGA output w/o breaking the QE/CI.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Hey guys, anyone care to point me to information on how to get sleep to work on this 8460p?  I can only get nullcpu to boot.  Trying to find info on self patching of appleintelcpupowerman is dang near impossible. Do we have to rely on someone ale to do it and then download it?  What gives!