AirPort Security Updates released

kevin_4e

7 posts in this topic

Earlier today, Apple released new security updates for AirPort wireless. They have released three different versions, a Universal build, PPC, and one for those running 10.3.9.

While testing the supposed 60 second AirPort hack (Video), Apple ran across a few unrelated bugs.

“They did not supply us with any information to allow us to identify a specific problem, so we initiated an internal audit,” Apple spokesman, Anuj Nayar, told Macworld. “Today’s update preemptively strengthens our drivers against potential vulnerabilities, and while it addresses issues found internally by Apple, we are open to hearing from security researchers on how to improve security on the Mac.”

As a result, the update is designed to improve "AirPort reliability on Macintosh computers.”

anybody tested it on a hackintosh with airport-compatible hardware (wlan)?

I've tested it on my hackintosh and it worked so it's safe to apply it, but the only bad thing about it is that I had to rewrite the info.plist since it replaced my device ID

:gathering:

Yes... just install it with Pacifist and skip all .plist files when it asks you to overwrite it.