Anyone successful with a Asus P8Z77-V Premium?

17 posts in this topic

I have been looking around and the one place with a supposed dsdt for this board is having database errors so I can't nab it. Would love some help or a guide to get this board working correctly.

I have the following

Asus P8Z77-V Premium

I7-2700k

16gb @ 2133

120gb vertex 3 ssd

670 GTX 4gb X2 SLI

Yes. I have had several users have success with that series of motherboard.

Do not listen to users who state that a DSDT is not needed. There is no hackintosh yet that loads all of the proper kexts without a edited DSDT.

Use my guide here to extract DSDT and IOreg:

http://rampagedev.wordpress.com/2012/06/30/how-to-extract-your-own-dsdt-3-2/

http://rampagedev.wordpress.com/2012/07/20/how-to-use-ioreg/

• Like 1

From the start:

Flashed Bios with patched 1504 (Thanks samisnake)

Installed 10.8 from usb using GraphicsEnabler=No

Networking actually worked through install and first boot, but went away after installing ######

Installed ###### with user DSDT (thanks rampagedev for the custom DSDT), realtek alc898 with DSDT, hnak's intel network driver, Graphicsenabler=no option, and I7 SSDT.

Now the system boots, I have networking, I have sound, I have a absolutely low geekbench scorehttp://browser.prima...kbench2/1000265 of 5647

My CPU multiplier is stuck at 16, it never changes. I am using the SSDT from ###### 5.0.2 for the I7 and I am not over clocked...I don't understand whats causing it to be locked at 16.

Any ideas how to fix this, as always....any and all help is much appreciated.

You need to make a SSDT.

http://rampagedev.wo...-own-ssdt-17-2/

That guide did the trick, you are a life saver!!!

New GeekBench score is 13156ish http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/1001843 That seems more on par with things lol.

When osx boots, at the login I get a loud set of sounds that resembles someone running up the stairs. Sound works in the system but that login error of sounds is LOUD. Any ideas how to knock that out?

Change your system ID to Mac Pro 5,1 or Mac Pro 3,1... if the popping is still happening after trying that then try iMac 12,1.

People think that the SMBIOS is just cosmetic but that could not be further from the truth...

I guess you are now loving my Blog and my work. :P

• Like 1

Very interesting point about the SMBIOS, Rampage. In fact i use an AMD hackintosh and and an ASUS Atom netbook (T101 MT, love it!), besides a real macbook pro from early 2011.

In my AMD system - Athlon II X2, 3.0 GHz, 8gigs of RAM, runing Lion 10.7.4 (32-bit, of course), with a system ID of a Mac Pro 5,1 - i got a Geekbench score that seems lower than it should be (around 3750 - in my Atom 64-bit netbook, i got almost 1000 points!). At System Information, my memory is displayed as 533 MHz (in fact, it's 1333 MHz DDR3!) and i have been always told that it has nothing to do with the performance of my system, it was just cosmetic, but is it really so? If not, is there someway to make my system recognize and report the RAM installed at its proper speed?

Understood. Thank you for the answer.

Do you know why is this happening? My BIOS is correctly configured, and my 64-bit windows7 system recognizes the correct RAM speed and runs as smoothly as a windows system can. Two questions: is this really a problem, or the info the System Information reports has nothing to do with the real performance? If this is really a problem, is there a viable solution?

Thank you in advance.

P.S.: read the post of the user gils at this page: http://osx86.co/f100/10-7-4-amd-kernel-t7687/page4.html

His Geekbench score is fairly good, but his memory is reported as running at 0 (yes, zero!) mhz. What the heck...?

Change your system ID to Mac Pro 5,1 or Mac Pro 3,1... if the popping is still happening after trying that then try iMac 12,1.

People think that the SMBIOS is just cosmetic but that could not be further from the truth...

I guess you are now loving my Blog and my work. :P

I have tried several including those and the sound issue is always there. Its a thimping that happens 5 or 6 times then goes away.

Not sure how to fix it...

That link you posted was a AMD issue with that install...

I know, Rampage. I just was impressed with the fact the guy got 8000+ in Geekbench, yet his RAM was recognized as 0 (!) MHz.

In the end, my system runs really nice. Besides the low GB score, it doesn't appear to be slow, and i use Logic, Parallels, iLife and Final Cut w/o issues, as well as games like Thrine 2 and Amnesia. Least but not last, it is turned on 24/7 since more than a month, and it never gave me a single Kernel Panic (and this is good, because it hosts the networked Time Machine for all my hacks/mac) since i change my patched kernel to RAWx86's latest. Even sleep/wake works quite well!

So i better quit complaining about that supposedly wrong-speeded RAM and enjoy my hack (as i've been doing, by the way).

Thanks!

• 6 years later...

Hello to all sorry if I reopen this discussion a little dated, I also own the motherboard of this post or the Asus P8Z77-V Premum and I have some difficulty in installing High Sierra.

I thought that the blog whose links are in previous posts could help me but I fear that the server has problems I say this because I was not able to reach this blog at the new address.

My configuration is:
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V premium
CPU: i5-3470
Ram 8GB
GPU: Nvidia GTX 960 4GB Ram
HDD 500GB

Could anyone give me some advice on how to proceed with the high sierra installation?

Thanks for everything

Edited by daltanious78

• 1 month later...