• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
derperoo

ATI Radeon 5650m Not Detected, Disable i5-460m Integrated?

5 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I am fairly new to this whole thing. I am attempting to get the ATI Radeon Mobility 5650 working on my HP Envy 14t-1200 CTO, but OS X Mountain Lion (installed via ###### after deleting some IntelHDGraphics kexts) does not seem to detect the card. The BIOS on this computer is very primitive, and I am unable to disable the integrated graphics there.

What are my options to make this work? Would a custom DSDT be able to force OS X to notice the existence of the Radeon card? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks very much,

Derp

Tried that unfortunately! The card is not detected at all. I think I am making progress on a custom DSDT to fix this... will post here if I have success.

Post your unedited DSDT here with your IOreg (From the IOreg app) and I will inject your GPU into your DSDT. I just need to know what frame buffer the card uses.

Also if you can not disable the onboard intel GPU it will never work... Sorry for the bad news...

hello

if u have integrated graphics card, and if her dev id is 0046:8086, don't work, no aceleration

use this to see

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=219584&hl=system%20info&st=0

and mac os x use always primary graphics card

good hack