Help! Been trying to install for 4 days straight!

33 posts in this topic

I've been trying to get this working forever, using different install tutorials and everything. The installer for Mountain Lion is getting stuck at: com.apple.AppleFSCompressionType2lib load succeeded

Then it continues with Still Waiting for Root Device.

Above those two errors I also see: EHCI controller unable to take control from BIOS followed by a bunch of: unable to obtain ownership

Then it says: UIMInitialize - Error occurred

Any help?

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to give what system I'm trying to install to. Its a Sony Vaio VPCEB26GM, It has a i5 processor.

Take a look on already existing topics: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=280062&st=20&p=1834431entry1834431

If u have an Gigabyte Mainboard you can also update to an uefi bios. (Warning: BETA! If u have windows all drivers may need to be reinstalled and windows need activated again)

Chameleon has flags for USB fixes: I think the one u need is: EHCIacquire=YES

Just tried that flag, it got me past where I was stuck, but now there are more errors. The very first error was: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory

A bunch code passed and it ended in: system uptime in nanoseconds:

Sorry I can't tell you the code in between, since it passed so quickly.

After the system uptine in nanoseconds thing, it didn't do anything at all, it just sat at that screen.

I made a little progress, I made a mistake of naming the folder "Extra" to "Extras" on accident, but there are still issues.

WIth the flags: EHCIacquire=YES UHCIreset=No -v

sometimes it stops at com.apple.AppleFSCompressionType2lib load succeedeed and sometimes it passes that error and ends at: [ IOBluetoothHCIController ][start] -- completed and it just hangs there, just like it did at the previous one.

Research for this error doesn't yield much.

with the flags: -x -v It stops at the first one I mentioned above and hangs.

With the flags: EHCIacquire=YES UHCIreset=No -x -v It seems to be the same as without safe mode.

Very frustrating... :P

BTW the full error area of the [ IOBluetoothHCIController ][start] -- completed is:

BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory

Previous Shutdown Cause: 3

APCI_SMC_PlatformPlugin: :start - waitForService(resourceMatching( AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement ) timed out

DSMOS has arrived

[ IOBluetoothHCIController ][start] -- completed

Whether you realize it or not, you are making substantial progress. If it stalls at DSMOS has arrived, that means your graphics kexts are not loading. Your laptop has some type of Intel HD graphics. Make sure you have the right settings for your GPU, it's pretty much the last step to getting your installer to boot.

this is the fix: Generate UUID FIX waiting DSMOS: post your Extra

Add this string to org.chameleon.boot.plist

<key>SystemId</key>

<string>**</string>

Replace the ** with the key generated from this site

EDIT: USE THIS App from windows and post your hardware, and post your Extra.

SistemInfo-Windows.zip

Specs: http://i46.tinypic.com/6qgyo0.png

Extra: http://i48.tinypic.com/289eqdy.png

Extra folder seems a bit empty :P

I finally got past all of the text, but then it turned into a solid gray screen for about 8 minutes, then the screen just shut off. The computer is still on though.

Edit referring to iFIRE post: you think that would help this problem?

YES, you not red any tutorial or any guide ????? your Extra is empty, not org.chameleon.boot.plist, any kext, not Fakesmc.kext

YES, you not red any tutorial or any guide ????? your Extra is empty, not org.chameleon.boot.plist, any kext, not Fakesmc.kext

I did follow a guide, it just never said anything about that, although based on other tutorials the rest of it was correct.

I installed your Extra folder, but still getting the gray screen, then screen shutdown.