atheros 1l on osx 10.8

8 posts in this topic

Hey there guys.

I am having problem with my atheros 1l ethernet (asus p5q) after fresh install of mountain lion. I got everything working with lion "out of the box" but can't get this right. Does anyone know how to get it working?

have a nice day ;)

not E/E, only S/L/E. Be sure the old one was replaced and use EthernetBuiltIn=Yes, No reason it shouldn't work, but if it don't, it don't. You can also try just the plug-n that's inside of it added to your original IONetworking, but should be exactly the same, Then try IONetworking version from DP4 and/or DP3, again just reusing the Atheros Plug-in from that one. If all that fails, get device ID using lspci and be sure it's included in it's plist, edit if needed.

np mate,

heres the audio kext you asked for in the PM, i post it here because i cant upload it in the PM

go to S/L/E, make backup of your current AppleHDA.kext and place the patched kext there,you need to backup because you will need to replace the "patched" one with the original one if you want to update when there is an patch available for 10.8 and switch it again after you updated but before you reboot.

this kext has only input from mic, output from back-green connector and headphone output from front port, but you have to change it manually in setting if you want to use the headphone output, os x does not recognize it automatically if you put your headphone in.

while im posting to you, try to install something from the app store (something free, rss reader or something else)

if you getting an "cannot verify this computer" error, i have a fix for that too.

so let me know if you have problems

grtz

AppleHDA.kext.zip